This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Upgrade problems

2 Answers 66 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
TPerry
Top achievements
Rank 1
TPerry asked on 05 Jan 2009, 03:01 AM
I am trying to upgrade a site to the latest version of Telerik and am running into a strange problem.  I went through my code and *think* I have found all references to the old telerik controls.  I removed all .dlls from my bin and added a reference to the telerik.web.ui, so I now have a telerik.web.ui.dll and telerik.web.ui.xml.  It builds with no errors, however, everytime I build it, all of the old .dlls come back.  I am using Source Safe if that makes any difference, though I checked out the whole project when I made the above changes.  Any ideas?

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
0
Accepted
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
answered on 07 Jan 2009, 12:37 PM
Hi TPerry,

I can make the following assumptions based on the provided information:

  1. If you have the old version of RadControls this might happen due to Visual Studio's behavior - it might sometimes replace the dll with the installed version one because you have the old assembly in the GAC. Please, completely uninstall the old version of RadControls, install the new one and test again.
  2. Browse to the Bin folder of the project in Windows Explorer and check whether there is a file with extension .refresh - if so, please delete it, put the new dll again and test the project.

Kind regards,
Svetlina
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
0
TPerry
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Jan 2009, 03:30 PM
That was it - thank you so much!
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
TPerry
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
TPerry
Top achievements
Rank 1
Share this question
or