This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Upgrade from Q2 2009 to latest version

3 Answers 78 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jonathan Zee
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jonathan Zee asked on 20 Sep 2010, 05:03 AM
Hi guys,

I'm in the process of upgrading our application's telerik version from Q2 2009 to the latest version currently listed on your site.

The app uses quite a lot of RadGrids and RadRibbonForms which was customised extensively and isn't working anymore.

Is there any demo available that shows how the mdi works for the new version where clicking on the active document would change the ribbon menu to the active document's menu?

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Jack
Telerik team
answered on 23 Sep 2010, 09:59 AM
Hello Jonathan,

Thank you for contacting us.

I am not sure that I understand your question. The ribbon interface is designed to replace the obsolete MDI interface in MS Office. In our ribbon control we support MDI buttons, however we do not have an active documents menu. Please, tell me more about your application and I will try to find the best option. We will be glad to assist you further with the transition process.

I am looking forward to your project.

All the best, Jack
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Rodrigo
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Sep 2010, 09:39 PM
Hello Jack...

I'm in the process of upgrading our application's telerik version from Q2 2009 to the latest version currently listed on your site.

Wanted to know if there is a manual in Spanish, to upgrade telerik, step by step......

Saludos

Jack
Telerik team
answered on 01 Oct 2010, 01:35 PM
Hi Rodrigo,

Thank you for your interest in our tools.

The official language which we use to support our customers is English and we do not have such manual in Spanish. Feel free to use Google Translate to help you with this task.

While on the upgrading process, I will suggest to review the release notes section. It contains all breaking changes colored in red. Please pay more attention on Q2 2010 where we introduced a major new version of RadGridView.

If you have any further questions, I will be glad to assist you.

All the best,
Jack
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Jonathan Zee
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Jack
Telerik team
Rodrigo
Top achievements
Rank 1