This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Update to 2012 Q3: combo width issue

1 Answer 62 Views
ComboBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Pic
Top achievements
Rank 1
Pic asked on 05 Nov 2012, 02:25 PM
Hi, I have recently tried the new update (Q3) and I come to an issue.

I use a combobox that takes all the space of the page, the skin of it is "Office2007".
My screen resolution is 1680x1050. 
The combo is not large enough anymore. I know that you use an image for the combo, In the old version (Q2) it used to be 2000 pixels width, in the new version it is 1000 pixels width. That is causing troubles for me because the combo is not taking all the screen anymore.

I can understand the point of resizing the image (inscrease speed on page load), but in my situation, I'm thinking of:
- Create a new image that is bigger (using paint or whatever).
- Put a bit off css to override telerik's image.

I just wonder if there is another way to do it, like a property or something?

Ok I'm having an issue, but I love the new skin of that Office2007 combo and I think you made the right decision deducing the size of it (again, increase loading time).

if there is no property to change it, that will be fine. I'll use my solution, I will find a way and I will post the image and the css on that thread for peoples having the same trouble.

Waiting for your answer.

Cheers

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ivan Zhekov
Telerik team
answered on 06 Nov 2012, 05:04 PM
Hi.

Unfortunately, there is no other way to fix this, but to replace the image. We have outlined other possible issues in a related forum thread -- http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/combobox/possible-breaking-changes-2012-q3.aspx.

Here is the image in 2000px width variant.

Regards,
Ivan Zhekov
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
ComboBox
Asked by
Pic
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ivan Zhekov
Telerik team
Share this question
or