This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

UniqueName cannot contain spaces in Telerik.Web.UI Ver: 2013.2.611.35

3 Answers 494 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Karthiekyan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Karthiekyan asked on 16 Jul 2013, 03:34 PM
Hi,
We recently move into Telerik.Web.UI Ver: 2013.2.611.35 to get some feature in 2013.2.611.35. After deploying this version we getting UniqueName cannot contain spaces in all rad grid. This issue was not there in our previous version 2011.2.915.35.
We know if we remove the space in the uniquename field in all gridview it will fix issue. But it will very difficult to fix all app, since we using rad grid more application.

Is there any other way around to fix this issue, since it seems some backward compatibility missing in the ver. 2013.2.611.35.
It would be highly appreciated if any one help on this.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Eyup
Telerik team
answered on 19 Jul 2013, 08:22 AM
Hello Karthiekyan,

I am afraid there is no workaround in this case. You will need to remove the white spaces from your unique names. The following thread explains the reasons and consequences of the mentioned change:
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/grid/uniquename-property-with-blank-spaces-breaking-the-application.aspx

I hope the clarification will be helpful.

Regards,
Eyup
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
SUNIL
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
answered on 23 Oct 2015, 09:46 PM

I am ​using Q2 2015 version and wanted to be sure whether unqiue names need to be without spaces in Q2 2015 version? I am not sure if any changes have occurred on this feature since Q3 2013 version.

Thanks

Sunil

Eyup
Telerik team
answered on 28 Oct 2015, 10:37 AM
Hi Sunil,

I've already confirmed this query. You can check the following thread:
http://www.telerik.com/forums/uniquename-property-with-blank-spaces-breaking-the-application#IiMovGy-Y0aH7ypABy1pQg

Regards,
Eyup
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Karthiekyan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Eyup
Telerik team
SUNIL
Top achievements
Rank 2