This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Uncaught Error : Telerik is not defined

7 Answers 444 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Nicolas
Top achievements
Rank 1
Nicolas asked on 01 Feb 2017, 11:41 AM

Hello everybody,

I know that this error has a lot of documentation on the forum/documentation but not any of the given solutions has worked for me...

I have a website that uses telerik, everything works fine but when I try to deploy it on an Integrated IIS 8.5, I have the following error on my page :

The assembly is copied into the bin folder but doesn't seems to be loaded

http://www.telerik.com/blogs/web-resources-demystified-part-3-troubleshooting

I don't see any failed request...

I added the following line to the system.webserver in web.config in addition with the ones given there : http://docs.telerik.com/devtools/aspnet-ajax/general-information/web-config-settings-overview

<handlers>
  <add name="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource"  path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource" />
</handlers>

But the problem persists...

I have no clue on how to resolve this issue

THank you for your support, 

Bests regards, Nicolas.

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
0
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 03 Feb 2017, 11:14 AM

Hi Nicolas,

The stack trace seems to point to the application code, so it is possible that the MS AJAX framework is not configured properly on the server. The following article explains what you need to deploy an app with our controls: http://docs.telerik.com/devtools/aspnet-ajax/deployment/deploying-a-telerik-enabled-webapplication.

If all resources come back succesfully, can you post here a small code snippet that results in this error?

Regards,

Marin Bratanov
Telerik by Progress
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
0
Nicolas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Feb 2017, 11:36 AM

This is what I did but I deploy my webapp on the same machine so I think It would work, no?

I reinstalled ms Ajax on my machine with the installer  given in the link and I have put the .js files into my Script directory but it doesn't do anything.

I use an ToolkitScriptManager on my page, If I use it in another page, I got the same issue with my navbar, the strange thing is that the tabcontainer that uses the toolkit is well displayed and the component updates properly so I guess MS Ajax works fine.

Do you have any idea? Did I do something wrong during the installation?

Best regards, Nicolas.

0
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 03 Feb 2017, 11:43 AM

Hi Nicolas,

The issue is with the AjaxControlToolkit. They bring some overrides and requirements that break other IScriptControls like ours: http://docs.telerik.com/devtools/aspnet-ajax/general-information/troubleshooting/general-troubleshooting#telerik-controls-are-incompatible-with-ajax-control-toolkit.

Regards,

Marin Bratanov
Telerik by Progress
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
0
Nicolas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Feb 2017, 11:21 AM

Hello,

So, I updated to the Dec 14 2013 update of AjaxControlToolkit but the problem is still here.

I decided to get rid of the ToolkitScriptManager because it has been removed from the next versions of ACT.

I had a tabpanel from ACT that was not rendering with the radscriptmanager, I changed to the telerik radtab but now, everything works fine exept my tabstrips that doesn't do anything on click while everything works fine with ToolkitScriptManager (under Debug mode obviously), do you have any idea?

Bests regards, Nicolas.

0
Nicolas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Feb 2017, 01:41 PM
<input id="ctl00_MainPlaceHolder_RadTabStrip1_ClientState" name="ctl00_MainPlaceHolder_RadTabStrip1_ClientState" type="hidden"> has no value attribute when I use the RadScriptManager.
0
Nicolas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Feb 2017, 01:06 PM

I think I have found the issue with the radTab, I have some AjaxControlToolkit controls inside my tabs and before itself and if I put the exact same code as the one which is broken at the top of the page (with only text as content) and it works so I guess it comes from ajaxtoolkit controllers, I am replacing every ajaxcontroltoolkit by telerik's ones, I think I'm on the good way!

Thanks for your help!

Best regards, Nicolas.

0
Nicolas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Feb 2017, 11:08 PM

Yeah, it works, I replaced every ajaxcontroltoolkit controls by telerik'ones and everything works fine now, thank you for you help!

Best regards, Nicolas.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Nicolas
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
Nicolas
Top achievements
Rank 1
Share this question
or