Unable to load Telerik

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Rhys
    Rhys avatar
    2 posts
    Member since:
    Feb 2017

    Posted 17 Feb Link to this post

    Hello,

    I am an old VBScript and PHP programmer and have never dealt with ASP.NET, so please take it easy on me.  I am simply trying to migrate a .NET website from an Azure server to an AWS instance.  I was able to install the Telerik dll's, and change the assembly references in web.config, but now I'm getting this mismatch error and cannot figure out why.  I have updated my versions and PublicKeyTokens everywhere I can find, and it still isn't working.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

    Configuration Error
     
    Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.
     
    Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2017.1.118.45, Culture=neutral' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
     
    Source Error:
     
     
    An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.
     
    Source File: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\frequentbrc.azurewebsites.net\web.config    Line: 16
     
    Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2017.1.118.45, Culture=neutral' could not be loaded.
     
     
    === Pre-bind state information ===
    LOG: DisplayName = Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2017.1.118.45, Culture=neutral
     (Partial)
    WRN: Partial binding information was supplied for an assembly:
    WRN: Assembly Name: Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2017.1.118.45, Culture=neutral | Domain ID: 7
    WRN: A partial bind occurs when only part of the assembly display name is provided.
    WRN: This might result in the binder loading an incorrect assembly.
    WRN: It is recommended to provide a fully specified textual identity for the assembly,
    WRN: that consists of the simple name, version, culture, and public key token.
    WRN: See whitepaper http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=109270 for more information and common solutions to this issue.
    LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/inetpub/wwwroot/frequentbrc.azurewebsites.net/
    LOG: Initial PrivatePath = C:\inetpub\wwwroot\frequentbrc.azurewebsites.net\bin
    Calling assembly : (Unknown).
    ===
    LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
    LOG: Using application configuration file: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\frequentbrc.azurewebsites.net\web.config
    LOG: Using host configuration file: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\aspnet.config
    LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config.
    LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/d8e92edb/efd48374/Telerik.Web.UI.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/d8e92edb/efd48374/Telerik.Web.UI/Telerik.Web.UI.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/inetpub/wwwroot/frequentbrc.azurewebsites.net/bin/Telerik.Web.UI.DLL.
    WRN: Comparing the assembly name resulted in the mismatch: Revision Number
    ERR: Failed to complete setup of assembly (hr = 0x80131040). Probing terminated.
  2. Vessy
    Admin
    Vessy avatar
    1663 posts

    Posted 21 Feb Link to this post

    Hi Rhys,

    The experienced problem is discussed in details in the following forum thread:
    http://www.telerik.com/forums/publish-to-azure-web-apps-results-in-error-could-not-load-file-or-assembly-telerik-web-ui

    Please, try the suggestions given there and let us know should you need further assistance on this matter.

    Regards,
    Vessy
    Telerik by Progress
    Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
  3. Rhys
    Rhys avatar
    2 posts
    Member since:
    Feb 2017

    Posted 21 Feb Link to this post

    Vessy,

    Thank you for your response.  I believe you misunderstood my situation as the post you referenced is talking about publishing on Azure, and I am migrating away from Azure to Amazon.  I did walk through the various troubleshooting steps described in that post, as well as the final solution and it did not fix my issue.  I did manage to fix my issue by referencing version 2017.1.118.40 instead of 2017.1.118.45.  I am not sure why this fixed the issue, but it did.  Thanks again for your help.

        

  4. Vessy
    Admin
    Vessy avatar
    1663 posts

    Posted 22 Feb Link to this post

    Hi Rhys,

    Most probably there have been some remaining references targeting .NET 4.0 which were causing the errors when you tried to refer DLLs targeting .NET 4.5 (e.g. in the *.proj file of the application). I am glad you have managed to find a suitable solution for your scenario and the application is working properly now.

    Regards,
    Vessy
    Telerik by Progress
    Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Back to Top