This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Unable to create type 'rad:RadSplitter'. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The

4 Answers 293 Views
Splitter
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Patrik
Top achievements
Rank 1
Patrik asked on 28 Oct 2008, 09:06 AM
Hello!

I´m trying to upgrade my code to the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. but get the error Unable to create type 'rad:RadSplitter'. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

The error fires at the row declaring radsplitter.

I´m working in a web solution and the only extern dll I´ve included into reference is Telerik.Web.UI.

I´ve installed net3.5, but the code worked before with the old radcontrols.

<%

@ Register TagPrefix="rad" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>
<rad:RadSplitter id="rs_Content" runat="server" width="100%" Height="1000px" Orientation="Vertical" Skin="Default">
<rad:RadPane id="rp_Menu" runat="server" scrolling="none" Width="205px">
<div id="masterpage_div_moduledropdown">
<rad:RadComboBox ID="ddModules" runat="server" Width="200px" Skin="Vista" MarkFirstMatch="false" HighlightTemplatedItems="True" ShowToggleImage="True" AllowCustomText="false" EnableLoadOnDemand="false" AutoPostBack="true" onselectedindexchanged="ddModules_SelectedIndexChanged">

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Patrik
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Oct 2008, 09:46 AM
I tried to to make a simple test with a radeditor, getting
[FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Abstractions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutralPublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.]  
   System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.OnInit(EventArgs e) +0  
   System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +333  
   System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +210  
   System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +210  
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +378  

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="test._Default" %> 

<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %> 

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" > 
<head runat="server">  
    <title>Untitled Page</title> 
</head> 
<body> 
    <form id="form1" runat="server">  
    <div><asp:ScriptManager ID="test" runat="server" /> 
        <telerik:RadEditor ID="RadEditor1" runat="server">  
        </telerik:RadEditor> 
    </div> 
    </form> 
</body> 
</html> 
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
answered on 31 Oct 2008, 09:03 AM
Hello Per Russberg,

You said you are using .NET 3.5 and the error message says that the AJAX extensions for .NET 2.0 could not be find - this makes me assume that you have included the Telerik.Web.UI.dll for .NET 2.0 instead of the one for .NET 3.5. Please, note that in order to use the RadControls for .NET 3.5 you should copy the dll from the Bin35 instead of the Bin folder of the controls package.

I recommend to examine the following online help articles which explains this in details:
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/installaddingtovs2008.html
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/using-radcontrols-net20-30-35-projects-vs2008.html 

Greetings,
Svetlina
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tanya Zelichonok
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Jan 2012, 02:00 PM
Hi,

i use telerik.web.ui version :

this version was send to Dassult system for there internal usage,
this dll refers to the System.web.extensions version 1.0.61025.0

where do i get this dll version ?
how do i insert it to the GAC_MSIL so the telerik dll will find it?

please reply to hsg@3ds.com.

Hagai
Dobromir
Telerik team
answered on 04 Jan 2012, 06:18 PM
Hi Hagai,

The above mentioned assembly is a part of the ASP.NET AJAX framework which is available for download in the Microsoft's Download Center.

Kind regards,
Dobromir
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
Tags
Splitter
Asked by
Patrik
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Patrik
Top achievements
Rank 1
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team