This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

This is an invalid webresource request

11 Answers 315 Views
Ajax
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
bharat kumar
Top achievements
Rank 1
bharat kumar asked on 08 Sep 2010, 02:26 PM

Hi,

i am getting the below error in my application randomly and i dont know the reason ....

could you please help...

Error Caught in Application_Error event
Error in: http://aassdotnet/WebResource.axd?d=5YkmbJ6uEizMAdUejomAO0-QZB3R3KnB1B0M1kT1XqT30uD_24tkGqrLnvDxC1-PiOYKhJvv1FR8_DBSuRpDrQ2&t=634036585340000000
Error Message:This is an invalid webresource request.
Stack Trace:   at System.Web.Handlers.AssemblyResourceLoader.System.Web.IHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

waiting for your reply...

11 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 08 Sep 2010, 04:29 PM
Hello Bharat,

Based on the supplied information, it is hard to determine what is causing this error. It will be very helpful if you could send us small runnable application which demonstrates the described issue. We will test it locally and advise you further.

Regards,
Pavlina
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
bharat kumar
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Sep 2010, 05:02 PM
sorry but this issue is something which is coming randomly..there is no specific steps to reproduce it..and it comes ones in last 4-5 days which my manager reported me.
the application is too big to send and there is no specific page or dll which i think causing this problem.
also i saw on terelik forums and this issue was with others users also but there is no answer for this.

please help.
Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 09 Sep 2010, 02:11 PM
Hello Bharat,

Can you please provide a bit more information about your scenario and implementation? Which controls are used, what is the exact error you are getting and when? 

Regards,
Pavlina
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Flores
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Oct 2010, 12:12 PM
I'm having the same issue.. happens ramdomly can't pinpoint it for now
Flores
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Oct 2010, 12:43 PM
I'm working with a IIS cluster.. and probably this is the problem:

http://blogs.telerik.com/hristodeshev/posts/07-03-26/debugging_asp_net_2_0_web_resources_decrypting_the_url_and_getting_the_resource_name.aspx

The machine keys in the cluster must be the same.
Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 15 Oct 2010, 11:13 AM
Hi Flores,

Can you tell us if this blog post helped you to solve the problem?

Best wishes,
Pavlina
the Telerik team
Flores
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Oct 2010, 07:48 PM
Yes, it did.

Turned out that that at server level the machine key was set, but because the default .NET version was 2.0 this did not affect the 4.0 site that I was using.

Setting the machine key the same at both nodes at site level solved the problem.
Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 21 Oct 2010, 10:04 AM
Hi Flores,

I am glad everything is fine. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have further questions.

Regards,
Pavlina
the Telerik team
mac
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Oct 2010, 04:27 PM
Hi Flores
Can you explain a bit further on what you meant by setting the machine key to be the same at both nodes? My understanding of .net machine.config is shaky. Can you explain exactly what you did to solve the issue?
for eg. I have my application machine key set in my root web.config.
in the Framework\v2.0.50727\CONFIG path there are multiple .config files... should we be setting our machine key to match that?
Any help you can give would be apprectiated. I am being bombarded with webresource.axd errors.

mac
Flores
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Oct 2010, 06:37 PM
It could only be a problem if you are using a load balancing cluster, are you using multiple nodes?

If so, you want the machine key to be the same on all the machines in the cluster. It does not matter if you do that in the web.config or the machine.config

Phil H.
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 09 Nov 2011, 04:41 PM
Tags
Ajax
Asked by
bharat kumar
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Pavlina