The reference "Telerik.Reporting, Version=17.1.23.606, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyTok... error when creating a report

1 Answer 272 Views
General Discussions
abdu bukres
Top achievements
Rank 1
abdu bukres asked on 07 Jul 2023, 04:38 PM

I installed the Telerik Reporting tool. Created a new project one in Winforms and another as asp.net. Created a new class library,

When I tried to add a Teleri report I get this error message. I tried different projects and different reports and reinstalled the software.
What's wrong here? This is an absolute blocker and I basically can't do anything. It creates a .cs files with references to Telerik.Reporting; and Telerik.Reporting.Drawing yet there are no dependencies to Telerik showing up in the project.
I am running VS 2022 17.6.4 as admin.

Also, why are there no Nuget packages on nuget.org. I can't even add it manually.

---------------------------
Microsoft Visual Studio
The reference "Telerik.Reporting, Version=17.1.23.606, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be" could not be added to the project. This wizard will continue to run, but the resulting project may not build properly.
OK   

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Momchil
Telerik team
answered on 12 Jul 2023, 11:02 AM

Hi Abdu,

Thank you for the error snippet and additional screenshot.

Am I correct in assuming that the class library you created is targeting .NET Standard 2.1 or higher?

I ask because there is a known issue with the Visual Studio Designer when working in .NET Core projects. Due to some missing components in the .NET Core frameworks, the Visual Studio Designer cannot function properly in .NET Core projects.

You can take a look at the related item on our Public Feedback Portal for more information about the issue. If you wish, you can also add a vote to the item to both increase its priority and subscribe for future status changes.

That being said, the current workaround is to add the reports to a .NET Framework project where you should be able to edit them using the Visual Studio Designer. Then, you can link the generated .cs and .resx files of the reports in a .NET Core class library which will allow you to use the reports in a .NET Core application. See the Use VS Report Designer to Edit CS Reports in .NET Core KB article for more information about this workaround.

And last but not least, let me try to address your question about the NuGet packages. Indeed, the Telerik NuGet packages cannot be found on nuget.org. To download the packages, you need to Add the Telerik NuGet Feed to Visual Studio.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Momchil
Progress Telerik

Stay tuned by visiting our roadmap and feedback portal pages, enjoy a smooth take-off with our Getting Started resources, or visit the free self-paced technical training at https://learn.telerik.com/.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
abdu bukres
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Momchil
Telerik team
Share this question
or