This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

The name "xxx" does not exist in the namespace "http://schemas.telerik.com/2008/xaml/presentation"

1 Answer 388 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
CONTENTShare
Top achievements
Rank 2
CONTENTShare asked on 18 May 2018, 09:47 AM

Hello,

I am trying to update controls for one application from 2013 to latest 2018.2.515.40 version. No updates of controls were doen in meantime. Implicit styles No XAML approach is used, so should be down to "just" switching to new dll files. Solution has many projects, but Telerik is manily in two projects: one where some "basic controls" are defined in custom XAML files but referencing Telerik controls and styles, and oneStartUp project that inherits previous one and where all the Views are defined. 

After updating to new DLLs (and adding including some that were not necessary before, but I suppose there was some restructure), we get "name does not exist in the namespace schemas.telerik.com/2008..." all around. I already searched and this usually happens if versions are not the same, but I already triple checked it. Also I found this and checked .csproj files and checked each dll file like it is said in that topic, deleted bin folders and restarted Visual Studio. Problem still remains.

I am using DLLs version .40 since in solution not all projects are .NET 4.5, so here and there we might use Telerik.Windows.Controls, so everywhere are used 4.0 libraries. I expect this is not a problem since it should work in both 4.5 and 4.0 projects, correct? Also, should I use approach without versions in csproj, only with HintPath? All DLLs come from same latest version and all are 4.0 so I'm out of ideas. Solution builds and application can run, but nothing from Telerik is displayed.

Help, please.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Martin Ivanov
Telerik team
answered on 21 May 2018, 12:05 PM
Hello Nikola,

This error could be caused by various of different reasons. This is why I would recommend you to open a new ticket from your telerik.com account and try isolating the issue in a new project(s) with the Telerik controls only, and then send it over. This will allow us to test it locally and investigate what happens.

As a side note, yes, the .NET 4.0 dlls will work in a .NET 4.5 project.

Regards,
Martin Ivanov
Progress Telerik
Want to extend the target reach of your WPF applications, leveraging iOS, Android, and UWP? Try UI for Xamarin, a suite of polished and feature-rich components for the Xamarin framework, which allow you to write beautiful native mobile apps using a single shared C# codebase.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
CONTENTShare
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Martin Ivanov
Telerik team
Share this question
or