This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

The name "RadBusyIndicator" does not exist in the namespace "http://schemas.telerik.com/2008/xaml/presentation"

5 Answers 608 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ronny
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ronny asked on 16 Mar 2018, 05:52 PM
I searched in your forum without any solution. In your documentation I found no hint for my problem. By trying your Testproject I could reproduce my problem.

I am using the latest version of Visual Studio 2017 with Resharper. Also I am using the latest official version of your zipped Binaries. But I have no installation of your Control Suite and also no GAC-Registration. The assemlies are referenced from a Binaries-Folder.

Do you have any hint for me?

Best regards,
Ronny

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dilyan Traykov
Telerik team
answered on 20 Mar 2018, 02:05 PM
Hello Ronny,

I downloaded the sample project my colleague provided in the forum thread you referenced, wrapped the RadMap in a RadBusyIndicator and replaced the binaries with the latest ones provided by the UI for WPF suite. After doing so, the project builds successfully at my end. I've attached the modified project to my reply for your reference.

What I can suggest is to load the .csproj file in a text editor and make sure that all of the references point to the expected assemblies. Here's how the .csproj referenced look at my end:

<Reference Include="Telerik.Windows.Controls, Version=2018.1.122.45, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5803cfa389c90ce7, processorArchitecture=MSIL">
  <SpecificVersion>False</SpecificVersion>
  <HintPath>D:\OfficialReleases\2018_R1_122\Binaries\WPF40\Telerik.Windows.Controls.dll</HintPath>
</Reference>
<Reference Include="Telerik.Windows.Controls.DataVisualization, Version=2018.1.122.45, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5803cfa389c90ce7, processorArchitecture=MSIL">
  <HintPath>D:\OfficialReleases\2018_R1_122\Binaries\WPF40\Telerik.Windows.Controls.DataVisualization.dll</HintPath>
</Reference>
<Reference Include="Telerik.Windows.Data, Version=2018.1.122.45, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5803cfa389c90ce7, processorArchitecture=MSIL">
  <HintPath>D:\OfficialReleases\2018_R1_122\Binaries\WPF40\Telerik.Windows.Data.dll</HintPath>
</Reference>

You can replace the HintPaths with the actual location of your binaries, save the modified .csproj file, rebuild the project and see if this solves your issue.

Please let me know how this goes.

Regards,
Dilyan Traykov
Progress Telerik
Want to extend the target reach of your WPF applications, leveraging iOS, Android, and UWP? Try UI for Xamarin, a suite of polished and feature-rich components for the Xamarin framework, which allow you to write beautiful native mobile apps using a single shared C# codebase.
Ronny
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Mar 2018, 06:44 AM

Hi Dilyan,

thanks for you reply, but it sadly doesn't help me. I'm using relative paths without any version info:

<Reference Include="Telerik.Windows.Controls">
  <HintPath>..\..\SharedBinaries\Telerik.Windows.Controls.dll</HintPath>
</Reference>
<Reference Include="Telerik.Windows.Controls.Chart">
  <HintPath>..\..\SharedBinaries\Telerik.Windows.Controls.Chart.dll</HintPath>
</Reference>
<Reference Include="Telerik.Windows.Controls.Chart.Direct2D">
  <HintPath>..\..\SharedBinaries\Telerik.Windows.Controls.Chart.Direct2D.dll</HintPath>
</Reference>
<Reference Include="Telerik.Windows.Controls.Data">
  <HintPath>..\..\SharedBinaries\Telerik.Windows.Controls.Data.dll</HintPath>
</Reference>
<Reference Include="Telerik.Windows.Controls.Input">
  <HintPath>..\..\SharedBinaries\Telerik.Windows.Controls.Input.dll</HintPath>
</Reference>
<Reference Include="Telerik.Windows.Data">
  <HintPath>..\..\SharedBinaries\Telerik.Windows.Data.dll</HintPath>
</Reference>

Replacing it with a specific version also doesn't help me.

<Reference Include="Telerik.Windows.Controls, Version=2018.1.220.45, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5803cfa389c90ce7, processorArchitecture=MSIL">
  <HintPath>..\..\SharedBinaries\Telerik.Windows.Controls.dll</HintPath>
</Reference>
<Reference Include="Telerik.Windows.Controls.Chart, Version=2018.1.220.45, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5803cfa389c90ce7, processorArchitecture=MSIL">
  <HintPath>..\..\SharedBinaries\Telerik.Windows.Controls.Chart.dll</HintPath>
</Reference>
<Reference Include="Telerik.Windows.Controls.Chart.Direct2D, Version=2018.1.220.45, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5803cfa389c90ce7, processorArchitecture=MSIL">
  <HintPath>..\..\SharedBinaries\Telerik.Windows.Controls.Chart.Direct2D.dll</HintPath>
</Reference>
<Reference Include="Telerik.Windows.Controls.Data, Version=2018.1.220.45, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5803cfa389c90ce7, processorArchitecture=MSIL">
  <HintPath>..\..\SharedBinaries\Telerik.Windows.Controls.Data.dll</HintPath>
</Reference>
<Reference Include="Telerik.Windows.Controls.Input, Version=2018.1.220.45, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5803cfa389c90ce7, processorArchitecture=MSIL">
  <HintPath>..\..\SharedBinaries\Telerik.Windows.Controls.Input.dll</HintPath>
</Reference>
<Reference Include="Telerik.Windows.Data, Version=2018.1.220.45, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5803cfa389c90ce7, processorArchitecture=MSIL">
  <HintPath>..\..\SharedBinaries\Telerik.Windows.Data.dll</HintPath>
</Reference>

I also tried absolute paths with no success.

Maybe you can try the example of your collegue on a computer without any Telerik stuff on it. For myself I will try to install the WPF setup.

Thank you and best regards,
Ronny

Dilyan Traykov
Telerik team
answered on 23 Mar 2018, 01:49 PM
Hello Ronny,

I uninstalled all Telerik installations from my computer and downloaded the Telerik_UI_for_WPF_2018_1_220_Dev_Hotfix.zip from the official website. I then placed the extracted assemblies in a Binaries folder in the same folder as the .csproj file of the project from my last reply, removed the existing references and added new ones pointing to these dlls. I deliberately removed the version from the references in the .csproj file and here is its final content:

<Reference Include="Telerik.Windows.Controls">
  <HintPath>Binaries\Telerik.Windows.Controls.dll</HintPath>
</Reference>
<Reference Include="Telerik.Windows.Controls.DataVisualization">
  <HintPath>Binaries\Telerik.Windows.Controls.DataVisualization.dll</HintPath>
</Reference>
<Reference Include="Telerik.Windows.Data">
  <HintPath>Binaries\Telerik.Windows.Data.dll</HintPath>
</Reference>

After cleaning and rebuilding the project, I'm able to successfully run the application.

Could you please try going over the same action steps as the ones I described and let me know if you're able to run the project?

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,
Dilyan Traykov
Progress Telerik
Want to extend the target reach of your WPF applications, leveraging iOS, Android, and UWP? Try UI for Xamarin, a suite of polished and feature-rich components for the Xamarin framework, which allow you to write beautiful native mobile apps using a single shared C# codebase.
Ronny
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Apr 2018, 09:36 AM

Hi Dilyan,

sorry for my late answer. I found my problem. The console output gave me the hint.

C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\15.0_1dda03af\Designer\ShadowCache\cifi50g2.vlr\ddb1dpdn.lq2\Telerik.Windows.Controls.dll
An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.

The problem is, when you load an assembly from an external source, window maybe disallow this behaviour. You have manually accept this for every assembly - see attachment.

After clearing the ShadowCache everythings work fine. I hope this helps others running in this problem.

Best regards,
Ronny

Dilyan Traykov
Telerik team
answered on 30 Apr 2018, 12:00 PM
Hello Ronny,

Thank you very much for sharing your solution with the community.

Should you come across any other issues, feel free to contact us again.

Regards,
Dilyan Traykov
Progress Telerik
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Ronny
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dilyan Traykov
Telerik team
Ronny
Top achievements
Rank 1