This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

TextBox Height Issue

8 Answers 174 Views
AutoCompleteBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mike asked on 26 Jun 2013, 02:04 PM
I have dfdfdf
I have a user that demands we cannot continue with the project because the textbox height increases after selecting and account.  I have attached an image to show that they are seeing.  Can someone let me know how I can prevent the textbox height from changing?

Thank you!

Here is my code
<telerik:RadAutoCompleteBox ID="RadAutoCompleteBoxESI" 
EmptyMessage="Please type ESI Number here"  
InputType="Text"  
DropDownWidth="200" 
Width="200"  
runat="server" >
 <TextSettings SelectionMode="Single" />
</telerik:RadAutoCompleteBox>

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nencho
Telerik team
answered on 28 Jun 2013, 01:14 PM
Hello Michael,

The experienced behavior is due to the fact that the currently added entry's width exceeds the width of the RadAutoCompleteBox. We had implemented the expandable functionality, in order to allow the user to see the input of the control and to be able to easily add another entry. However, you could achieve a single-line AutoCompleteBox. twisting the input's height using JQuery. I had prepared a sample page for you, demonstrating how to achieve the desired functionality.

Please find it attached.

Regards,
Nencho
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Jun 2013, 01:16 PM
Thank you Nencho!

It is still happening
Nencho
Telerik team
answered on 03 Jul 2013, 07:16 AM
Hello Michael,

The provided workaround was for a Token InputType scenario. Please excuse me for my mistake. I would suggest you to use the OnClientTextChanged client side event, in order to change the height of the RadAutoCompleteBox, when needed. I am attaching the sample project, I had tested with. Please give it a try and let me know if you face any issue, implementing the approach.

Regards,
Nencho
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Vignesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Apr 2014, 09:47 AM
What if there are 2 autocomplete boxes? In this case, when you add entry in one, the height of the other also decreases. Any way to specifically control height of only that autocompletebox in which the entry has been made?
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 04 Apr 2014, 06:18 AM
Hi Vignesh,

Please have a look into the sample code snippet which works fine at my end. Please provide your code if it doesn't help.

ASPX:
<telerik:RadAutoCompleteBox ID="RadAutoCompleteBox1" runat="server" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1"
    DataTextField="ProductName">
<telerik:RadAutoCompleteBox ID="RadAutoCompleteBox2" runat="server" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1"
    DataTextField="ProductName">

Thanks,
Shinu.
Vignesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Apr 2014, 04:22 AM
Hi Shinu,
    The Javascript code reduces the height based on .racInput. So adding entry into first rad text box reduces the height of the second one to 0 too. Because ".racInput" changes both rad autocomplete boxes. How to affect only that radautocompletebox that had an entry added to it?

Thanks,
Vignesh
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 09 Apr 2014, 11:35 AM
Hi Vignesh,

Please try the following JavaScript to change the height of the one RadAutoCompleteBox.

JavaScript:
$('#RadAutoCompleteBox1_Input').height("100");

Thanks,
Shinu.
Vignesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Apr 2014, 11:55 AM
That too didnt work
Tags
AutoCompleteBox
Asked by