This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Telerik.Web.UI.DLL - Is currently dependent on 1.X Framework

1 Answer 50 Views
ComboBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Kin Ong
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kin Ong asked on 12 Sep 2008, 08:23 PM

Currently, our data center only has the 2.X / 3.X / 3.5 frameworks installed on the web server.

Telerik.Web.UI.DLL contains a project reference to the System.Web.Extensions Version 1.0.61025 (i.e. .NET Framework 1.X). This means that in order for you to use the Telerik RadControls for ASP.NET, you need to have the Microsoft 1.X framework installed on your web server.  For example, if you open the Telerik.Web.UI.dll in the Lutz Roeder's .NET Reflector tool, you will see that the System.Web.Extensions DLL reference is pointing to the Microsoft 1.X Framework.

Is there aother version of the Telerik.Web.UI.dll assembly that uses the .Net 3.5 version for the System.Web.Extensions?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Phil C
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 21 Nov 2008, 04:44 PM
I got frustrated by this very same problem, however support got me to verify website target (fine, was 3.5) and dll, which I realised was .20 not .35 as it was downgraded by another developer.

So basically, 2.0 dll requires 1.1 framework but the 3.5 one (am on Q3) doesn't - I swapped for the latter on the win2003 server and was then fine. HTH anyone with similar prob. Phil.
Tags
ComboBox
Asked by
Kin Ong
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Phil C
Top achievements
Rank 2
Share this question
or