This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Telerik.Web.UI 2013.2.717.35 & SharePoint 2013 - Causing conflict with wpadder.js to throw type mismatch error

6 Answers 108 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
John asked on 09 Aug 2013, 01:10 PM
Note: Sorry wrong SharePoint version in thread title which i can't change! The problem is happening in SharePoint 2010

Hi,

We are currently getting errors when using the latest version of Telerik.Web.UI 2013.2.717.35 in some SharePoint 2010 web parts we develop. The problem seems to be a conflict between the Telerik Javascript files and the SharePoint Javascript file wpadder.js which is triggered once you have added a web part using Telerik to a page and try and click add to add another, the error return is as follows:

SCRIPT5: Type mismatch.
 wpadder.js, line 2 character 13993

This error doesn't happen with the previous version of Telerik.Web.UI 2013.1.417.35 we were using so I assume its to do with some changes that have been added to 2013.2.717.35.

Is there a fix for this problem? Is it a known issue?

Thanks,
JC

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Aug 2013, 02:06 PM
Any feedback on the above issue?

Thanks,
JC
Stanimir
Telerik team
answered on 13 Aug 2013, 05:27 AM
Hi JC,

The information you provided in your post is insufficient to reproduce the problem on our test server. Please, explain which RadControls you are using in your web parts and in what SharePoint site and scenario you are adding them. Also it will be of great help, if you can provide we with a simple web part, which I can deploy to our test server and reproduce the issue locally, .

Regards,
Stanimir
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Nic
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Sep 2013, 08:30 PM
Hi Stanimir,

We've run into the exact same issue. We upgraded to 2013.2.717 and we are getting the same error when trying to add a second web part to the page. I've tried to narrow down which web part is causing the issue, but it is difficult because our web parts are using quite a few Telerik controls. I'll have to create some custom web parts that each only use a single Telerik control so that I can narrow down the search.

I'll come back with more when I narrow down the issue.

Nic
Nic
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Sep 2013, 02:35 PM
I've confirmed that the issue is with the Grid control. I created a simple web part that has nothing except for an empty Grid control and as soon as I try to add a second web part to the page I get the error.

I'm going to open up a support ticket and provide the web part project that I created.

Nic
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Feb 2014, 12:33 AM
Nic, I'm having the exact same issue. Did you get a resolution from support? If yes, what was the fix? Thanks.
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 05 Feb 2014, 01:32 PM
Hi Michael,

The issue with the grid should be fixed in Q3 2013, so I would advise upgrading to the latest release (currently Q3 2013 SP2).

In the meantime you can try adding this JavaScript override after your grid:
Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid.prototype._fixIndexOfUnderIE8AndLower = function ()
{
 //empty method
}

Regards,
Marin Bratanov
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the UI for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
Stanimir
Telerik team