This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

telerik tool being used by both visual studio 2010 and 2012

2 Answers 194 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Diane
Top achievements
Rank 1
Diane asked on 27 Aug 2019, 06:52 PM
I have a vb.net web 2010 application that I would like to convert to visual studio 2012 and add the Telerik tool.
Before I complete that step I will add the telerik.web.design, telerik.web.device.dection,telerik.web.ui, and the telerik.web.ui.skins tool as a reference  to the application and set the version to auto update. The references will be obtained
from C:\Program Files (x86)\Progress\Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX R2 2019\Bin40 files.
Now on the same computer,
I will convert the vb.net 2010 web form application to visual studio.2012 and obtain the files from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Progress\Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX R2 2019\Bin45 as a reference. Will I setup the references as 'Auto Update' or something else? If I set the version to something else, what would I set the version to?
Also can I have both the Telerik tool working on the same compiuter by using both Visual Studio 2010 and Visual Studio 2012 for the web form application? If so, are there any directions that I need to follow?

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Diane
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Aug 2019, 02:36 PM
found answer. will use bin40
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 30 Aug 2019, 01:39 PM

Hi Diana,

I am glad that you have found a solution!

As for the question: Can I have both the Telerik tool working on the same computer by using both Visual Studio 2010 and Visual Studio 2012 for the web form application? - The answer is yes. Just copy the Telerik related dlls in the bin folder of the ASP.NET Web Application(s) and reference them in the Visual Studio.

Regards,
Rumen
Progress Telerik

Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Diane
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Diane
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rumen
Telerik team