This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Telerik on Server 2008 R2 Display Issue

2 Answers 78 Views
Button
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Justin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Justin asked on 02 Aug 2012, 02:12 AM
I've recently developed a new page on my Windows 7 64 machine almost fully composed of Rad controls.  I'm having some weird display issues when deploying my code to the server (Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise SP1).  All of the functionality is there but the display can be different and odd for certain controls.  I've attached an example of a button using the Simple skin both from Windows 7 and Server 2008 using the exact same code and version of Telerik.Web.UI.dll (ver 2011.3.1305.40) in the bin directory.  I was going to attach my web.config but can't here.  I'm using the same web.config both in prod and dev.  What would cause the display to be so radically different in both places?  Keep in mind this is using IE9.  I've noticed a few of the smaller issues to go away when using IE8.  Let me know if you need more information.  Thank you.

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Justin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Aug 2012, 06:50 PM
Most issues I've experienced with IE9 have been resolved by upgrading from version 2011.3.1305.40 to 2012.2.724.40.
Slav
Telerik team
answered on 06 Aug 2012, 02:21 PM
Hello Justin,

Are there any JavaScript errors on the page when the problem happens? 

If you test on Windows Server then disable the IE ESC. The following article will show you how to do that: Disabling Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration.

Some of the visual glitches could be related to the currently enabled browser engine of IE. The Internet Explorer browser has a setting that ensures the pages are opened in compatibility mode, which could be your case. This mode uses outdated standards for interpretation of the HTML markup and sometimes even renders the page incorrectly due to browser bugs.

The problem with the RadButton's text position is most probably related to the height that you specified for the control. The button control has a built-in default height of 22px or 65px. If you want to set another value please use the approaches suggested in the blog post How to set a custom height for RadButton and RadFormDecorated buttons in ASP.NET AJAX.

If you are still having difficulties with the configuration of the RadControls' appearance please let us know so that we can help you accordingly.

Kind regards,
Slav
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
Button
Asked by
Justin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Justin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Slav
Telerik team