Telerik HTML5 Report Viewer Page R3 2022 not working with odbc DSN connection

1 Answer 55 Views
Security
Dinesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Dinesh asked on 24 Nov 2022, 04:39 PM

I am using the telerik report designer to build my reports and html report viewer to display them.
When I use MySql.Data.MyqlClient with a standard connection string (server, uid etc) everything works fine.

When I use a ODBC dsn connection however, the connection works on the report builder but on the report viewer it says the following:

An error has occurred while processing Table 'table2':Unable to establish a connection to the database. Please verify that your connection string is valid. In case you use a named connection string from the application configuration file, make sure the name is correct and the connection string settings are present in the configuration file of your application.------------- InnerException -------------Keyword not supported: 'dsn'

I do have System.Data.Odbc installed as this is what I used for my db connections and this is also what the report builder uses.

Telerik Reporting v16.2

.Net core 6 (long term support)

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Dinesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
answered on 25 Nov 2022, 02:00 PM
The solution was found here:
How to work with ODBC connections in the Web Report Designer in .NET Core and .NET Framework applications - Telerik Reporting
I think these things should be mentioned in the documentation for report designer and report viewer.
Tags
Security
Asked by
Dinesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Answers by
Dinesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron