This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Telerik Control Panel

11 Answers 953 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
David asked on 12 Jun 2012, 09:22 PM
Hey folks, this is a unpaid endorsement of the "Control Panel" by Telerik.  I am a "ultimate" collection subscriber and have been historically displeased with the apparent need to uninstall / reinstall everything every quarter.

As you might have noticed the coding wonders here released a new quarters worth of updates.  This time (unless I failed to notice it before) they also released the "Control Panel".  I would recommend using it!  It installed and with a few clicks it realized what I had, what I did not not have and what I needed.  It clicked on which products I wished and let it do its magic.  It uninstalled and re-installed as required without human intervention.

Kudo's to whomever thought of this utility.  He/they deserve a pay raise.  This is the icing on your already sweet collection of "toys".

11 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
T. Stanley
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Jun 2012, 07:18 PM
Hello.

I was about to use the control panel to update to 2102Q2 of the ASP.NET AJAX tools, but it said that dong so would remove ALL previous installations from the machine.  I am developing in VS2010, but still manage a site that runs in ASP.NET 2.0 with VS 2005 code.  I need to maintain an older copy of the tools as well.  How can KEEP old code versions using control panel?  Alternatively, can I download the 2012Q2 .MSI file, and manage installations/uninstallations like I always did?  Thanks!

Tom Stanley
Biliana Ficheva
Telerik team
answered on 18 Jun 2012, 06:37 AM
Hello,

The Control Panel do not support parallel installations at the moment, but we are going to improve that in our future releases. Till then you could use the Control Panel to upgrade products for which it is not critical the older version to be removed, and to download MSI files (using your Telerik account) for the products for which you want to keep previous versions.

Thanks for the kind words! Your feedback is much appreciated. But still if you have any ideas or recommendations concerning the Control Panel don't hesitate to contact us, so we can make the product even better.

Kind regards,
Biliana Ficheva
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Nicolaï
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 26 Jul 2012, 06:55 AM
I am fuming with rage at the control panel.
Beyond enraged...
NEED an option to fdownload the files, like before.
Petar
Telerik team
answered on 26 Jul 2012, 02:28 PM
Hello Nicolaï,

Here is the path to follow in order to get the offline msi installation packages for each product:
Go to your Telerik account and navigate 'Manage products' | 'DevCraft Complete' | 'Download' | 'Browse all product files' of the product you need.

I hope this helps

Greetings,
Petar
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

William
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Aug 2012, 06:24 PM
This is apparently no longer an option.

I went to download the latest version of the Rad Controls for ASPX and the link is bringing down the download for the Rad Controls for ASPX Control Panel and not the controls alone.

Can't there just be a link on the main downloads page for each separate install? I was able to get the individual install files by going into "Older Versions" and the current version is listed but this just causes an extra step.
Andrey
Telerik team
answered on 09 Aug 2012, 08:26 AM
Hi Willian,

I just double-checked and on my end it looks like the "Browse all product files" button on the latest RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX version presents you with a list of all product files.

Are you still experiencing the issue? If yes, could you send us some additional details around how we could reproduce the issue?

All the best,
Andrey
the Telerik team

Jan
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 31 Aug 2012, 08:38 AM
Hi,

Installing
Telerik through the Control Panel. Now I have installed Visual Studio 2012 and need to install Telerik again but I can not. When I open Control Panel, it says "All Available Linced Products are Installed" and there is no opportunity to do an installation for VS2012. How to solve this easier?
Petar
Telerik team
answered on 31 Aug 2012, 12:55 PM
Hello Jan,

The easiest way is to install the VS extensions for Visual Studio 2012 through the Visual Studio Extension Manager. You can find it under the Tools menu. When you launch it switch to the 'Online Gallery' tab and search for Telerik VSExtensions and install the products that you need.

Alternative approach is to run installation change through the Windows Programs and Features panel. When you run installation change you need to turn on the Visual Studio 2012 integration feature on.

I hope this helps. If you need any further assistance write us again.

Regards,
Petar
the Telerik team

chrbra
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Sep 2012, 10:17 AM
This tool is unbearable, it keeps removing old versions and forcing you to update Telerik in projects in which you just didn't want to.

Sneaking the Control Panel in as the "normal" download option and letting it delete all the previous versions wasn't a nice thing to do.

However, I've found the "normal" download link as described here, now I only have to reinstall all the versions I previously had and remember to always download using the "Browse all product files" button..
Chavdar Dimitrov
Telerik team
answered on 18 Sep 2012, 01:11 PM
Hello Christian,

Thanks for writing!

I am really sorry to hear that the Control Panel removed your old product versions from the machine unexpectedly.

We currently work on an options menu (which is about to be released soon) which will contain an option for keeping previous parallel versions. I hope that this option will fit your needs.

We are constantly try to improve our products, so, please, let us know if you have any further feedback about the tool or any of our other products.

Kind regards,
Chavdar,
the Telerik team

Time to cast your vote for Telerik! Tell DevPro Connections and Windows IT Pro why Telerik is your choice. Telerik is nominated in a total of 25 categories.

Teodor
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Dec 2012, 12:54 PM
Great news - the new version of the control panel provides the option to keep the older versions of the products installed.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Answers by
T. Stanley
Top achievements