This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Telerik ASP.NET AJAX RadControls in Visual Web Part of SharePoint 2010. I have following problem, pls help, it's URGENT.

1 Answer 57 Views
Ajax
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
LamKhoa
Top achievements
Rank 1
LamKhoa asked on 16 Aug 2011, 04:33 AM
I am trying to develop Visual Web Part for SharePoint 2010. I have ASP.NET AJAX RadControls version 2011 Q1 SP2 installed.
I got stuck with following problem:

1. I didn't see the SQLDataSource control under "Data" node in ToolBox. However, I can still create SQLDataSource control by writting the code programmatically in ascx source file. Can I still use it just fine?

2. I can't find the web.config in the project folder to add ConnectionString for SQLDataSource control. Even though I can define the connection string in the SQLDataSource configuration just fine. But when I click deploy, it kept on giving me error that it can't find the connection string in the application configuration.

3. Is it true that developing Visual Web Part using AJAX RadControls, the Ajax functionality is disabled? (The page keep on doing full post back). If there is any workaround, would you please show me step by step?

I have demo on Visual Web Part using RadControl AJAX in the next few days. It is do or die situation. Please reply me as soon as you can. I'm really really appreciate it.

Thanks All.

Lamk.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Marin
Telerik team
answered on 22 Aug 2011, 07:36 AM
Hello Lamk,

1. Yes, it is OK to use the SqlDataSource. In fact it should be still there. Perhaps the items in the toolbox have not been refreshed properly after you installed the controls. You can have a look at this and this help topics providing some tips on how to add back missing controls in the VS Toolbox.

2. When you develop a web part with Visual Studio you do not have a web.config file in the project because it is actually not a complete web site. If you still need to add changes to the web.config file you can do so in the web.config for the current Sharepoint web site that you deploy the web part to or in the main web config for Sharepoint. Both can be modified through the Sharepoint designer. Also more information on the different web config files in Sharepoint can be found here.

3. Using Ajax functionality in Sharepoint web parts is a little different than the standard ASP.NET sites. You can find detailed information and samples in this help topic.

Regards,
Marin
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Tags
Ajax
Asked by
LamKhoa
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Marin
Telerik team
Share this question
or