This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

TabStrip and Multipage

7 Answers 153 Views
TabStrip
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Tina
Top achievements
Rank 2
Tina asked on 23 Oct 2013, 06:47 PM
I have upgraded to the VS 2013 and Radcontrols version 2013.3 1015.  Now when selecting a tab it does not change to the PageView specified by the PageViewID.

I used this code which is part of Telerik help to test with and got the same result.
<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeBehind="Test.aspx.vb" Inherits="eNotice.Test" %>

<!DOCTYPE html>

<head runat="server">
    <title></title>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
        <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server"></telerik:RadScriptManager>
    <div>
           <telerik:RadTabStrip ID="RadTabStrip2" SelectedIndex="0" runat="server" MultiPageID="RadMultiPage1" skin="Outlook" CssClass="NoBg">
 <Tabs>
   <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Root RadTab1" PageViewID="PageView1">
   </telerik:RadTab>
   <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Root RadTab2" PageViewID="PageView2">
   <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Root RadTab3" PageViewID="PageView3">
 </Tabs>
</telerik:RadTabStrip>
<telerik:RadMultiPage id="RadMultiPage2" runat="server" SelectedIndex="0" Width="400">
  <telerik:RadPageView id="PageView1" runat="server">
      Name: John Smith<br />
      Birthday: October 20th 1976<br />
      Marital Status: Single
      <br />
  </telerik:RadPageView>
  <telerik:RadPageView id="PageView2" runat="server">
      Content of the Pageview2
  <telerik:RadPageView id="PageView3" runat="server" ContentUrl="http://www.telerik.com">
      This text is never shown
</telerik:RadMultiPage>
    </div>
    </form>
</body>
</html>

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Tina
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 23 Oct 2013, 07:17 PM
I'm using IE 10 if that makes any difference.
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 24 Oct 2013, 02:31 AM
Hi Tina,

Please change the 'MultiPageID' of RadTabStrip to "RadMultiPage2".

ASPX:
<telerik:RadTabStrip ID="RadTabStrip2" SelectedIndex="0" runat="server" MultiPageID="RadMultiPage2"
    Skin="Outlook" CssClass="NoBg">
</telerik:RadTabStrip>

Thanks,
Shinu.
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Oct 2013, 07:07 PM
I am experiencing a similar problem with the Tab Strip control not working after an upgrade to the latest version.  Clicking on the tabs does nothing.  I opened up the debugger in IE10, clicked on a tab and got the following error.

SCRIPT438: Object doesn't support property or method 'on'
ScriptResource.axd, line 973 character 1

We're doing a bit of combining of Telerik js files, so this may not be too helpful, but the snippet of code IE identified is below.  I included the code above and below the problem in case it will help people narrow things down.   About the only thing I can think of at this point is that we've got js files being deployed that don't match with the latest version of the Telerik controls and the new Telerik controls do not support these methods as indicated in the error message.  Hopefully someone from the Telerik can confirm or deny my suspicions.

d.RadTabStrip.callBaseMethod(this,"initialize");
d.RadTabStrip._align(this.get_id(),this._align,this._orientation);
this._updateSelectedState();

// START PROBLEM AREA

a(this._element).on("click",".rtsLI",function(F){E._click(F);
}).on("dblclick",".rtsLI",function(F){E._doubleClick(F);
}).on("mousedown",".rtsLI",function(F){E._mouseDown(F);
}).on("mouseover",".rtsLI",function(F){E._mouseOver(F);
}).on("mouseout",".rtsLI",function(F){E._mouseOut(F);
}).on("contextmenu",".rtsLI",function(F){E._contextMenu(F);
}).on("focus",".rtsLink",function(F){E._focus(F);
}).on("blur",".rtsLink",function(F){E._blur(F);
});

// END PROBLEM AREA

if($telerik.isIE){$telerik.addHandler(this._element,"activate",a.proxy(this._activate,this));
}this._resizeDelegate=Function.createDelegate(this,this._resize);
$telerik.addHandler(window,"resize",this._resizeDelegate);
Tina
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 28 Oct 2013, 08:11 PM
I have been having a lot of weird issues when I updated to the newest controls.  I've actually uninstalled this version and moved back to the previous version.  I don't have time to chase down the problems anymore to try and figure out what is going on.  Once I installed the previous version, all the issue went away.
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Oct 2013, 09:10 PM
I think the problem may have to do with the version of jQuery being run.   The server where this code was deployed indicates that it is running jQuery 1.5.2.  According to Telerik, the latest versions utilize jQuery 1.9.1.   Further investigation into jQuery indicated that the "on" jQuery Method (http://api.jquery.com/on/) that the code seems to be having problems with was introduced in jQuery 1.7.  Which would explain the error if it turns out that Telerik only recently upgraded the TabStrip controls to use this method.

The thing I can't quite figure out how to do is get my local dev environment to load jQuery 1.5.2 so I can reproduce the problem.  Dev environment loads 1.9.1 and not surprisingly the controls work just fine.  I have a feeling that if I loaded 1.5.2 I would see the same exact behavior.
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Oct 2013, 03:33 PM
Just wanted to update anyone that may be reading this thread and having problems with the 2013.3 1015 release of the Telerik controls.

Updating things so that jQuery 1.9.1 was loaded resolved the problems.  If you're seeing weird behavior from the Telerik controls, open up the IE debugger window and in the console area type in 

jQuery.fn.jquery

This will tell you the version of jQuery being run and if it is below 1.9.1, you need to upgrade.  Doing that should resolve a number of the problems you are seeing.
Tina
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 29 Oct 2013, 03:39 PM
There is also an internal build available for download that is supposed to resolve some of these issues for the newest version.
Tags
TabStrip
Asked by
Tina
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Tina
Top achievements
Rank 2
Shinu
Top achievements