I used this code which is part of Telerik help to test with and got the same result.
7 Answers, 1 is accepted
Please change the 'MultiPageID' of RadTabStrip to "RadMultiPage2".
SCRIPT438: Object doesn't support property or method 'on'
ScriptResource.axd, line 973 character 1
We're doing a bit of combining of Telerik js files, so this may not be too helpful, but the snippet of code IE identified is below. I included the code above and below the problem in case it will help people narrow things down. About the only thing I can think of at this point is that we've got js files being deployed that don't match with the latest version of the Telerik controls and the new Telerik controls do not support these methods as indicated in the error message. Hopefully someone from the Telerik can confirm or deny my suspicions.
The thing I can't quite figure out how to do is get my local dev environment to load jQuery 1.5.2 so I can reproduce the problem. Dev environment loads 1.9.1 and not surprisingly the controls work just fine. I have a feeling that if I loaded 1.5.2 I would see the same exact behavior.
Updating things so that jQuery 1.9.1 was loaded resolved the problems. If you're seeing weird behavior from the Telerik controls, open up the IE debugger window and in the console area type in
This will tell you the version of jQuery being run and if it is below 1.9.1, you need to upgrade. Doing that should resolve a number of the problems you are seeing.