This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: Status 500

3 Answers 406 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
NVB
Top achievements
Rank 1
NVB asked on 09 Jul 2012, 01:19 PM
Hello

As  I stated I am getting Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException:    and the status code is 500.

I undesrstand that some thing is wrong  but not sure what it is

I get this error  only when there are more rows  ( For example I don't get this error if there are 100 rows, but if there are 240 rows I do get this error)
I  have Radgrid in RadAjaxPanel  and on clicking edit button from Command row I am placing complete grid in Editmode thru server code

I  edit 2 columns ( I have about  10 columns  in total and I have 2 levels of grouping)

I attached a script to edit fields and save the indexes of rows changed
When user clicks the save button, I am issuing a  Ajaxrequest with array of indexes to update

I am getting the error when i click the Save button.

While starting if there are less number of rows it works fine, but if I change the search and retrieve more number of rows and place them in edit mode and save , I get the errror  and now if I  change search  I get some object null  page.

I am not sure what is the reason for the error .  Does placing more number of rows in editmode creating this error

Thanks

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Radoslav
Telerik team
answered on 12 Jul 2012, 07:22 AM
Hi Vemula,

Based on the provided information it is hard to say what is causing the described issue on your end. Could you please post your aspx page declaration with the related code behind? Also could you please disable the ajax from the page (by setting EnableAJAX="false" to the RadAjaxPanel) in order to see the real exception message when the error is thrown.

Looking forward for your reply.

All the best,
Radoslav
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
dev
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Aug 2012, 04:19 PM
Hii
         I had a Radgrid and a radlistBox with in the Update panels of a page.  When the page loads RadlistBox displays list of items based on the query from the SQlDataSource. The RadListBox contains 2 TextBoxes(contains data from query), Add and cancel buttons. When ever the user Clicks on Add button the item will be added to the radGrid. If there are items less than 60 to 70 in the radlistbox , then i am able to add each item. But when there are more items in the radlistbox i am getting Error:
Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException : An uknown error occurred while processing the request on the server. The status code returned from the server was: 500 in a alertbox as soon as i click the Add or cancel button.
Even if i am trying to traverse back to the other page its throwing an error:  
Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.
I had radsplitter in the page which displays an image, so i am Using Update panels with AsynchronousPostback controls in order to stop the page from flickering.
So can you please help me out to solve this problem ??
Thanks & Regards
Dev Jagarlamudi.
Radoslav
Telerik team
answered on 08 Aug 2012, 06:54 AM
Hi Dev,

Could you please try removing all update panels from the pages and let me know what is the real error message when the exception is thrown? Also could you please run the application after removing all update panels into debug mode and let me know which line of code throws the mentioned error.

Looking forward for your reply.

Kind regards,
Radoslav
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
NVB
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Radoslav
Telerik team
dev
Top achievements
Rank 1