This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: An unknown error occurred while processing the request on the server. The status code returned from the server was: 0

10 Answers 1214 Views
Ajax
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Yuji
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yuji asked on 28 Aug 2009, 03:27 AM
Hi!
I'm testing my site until I received the following error:
"Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: An unknown error occurred while processing the request on the server. The status code returned from the server was: 0"

The error started to appear when I put my RadGrid(sortable) inside a Radpanel and put a Radloading panel. The error appears whenever I try to click any navigation button while the RadLoading panel is loading.
Can anyone tell what does this error means, what its cause, and how to fix it?

Thanks!

10 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 31 Aug 2009, 09:01 AM
Hello,

I followed your scenario in order to replicate the issue but to no avail.
Please find attached a simple runnable project that demonstrates the desired functionality and let me know if it works as expected.

All the best,
Pavlina
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Basel Nimer
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 15 Jul 2010, 03:05 PM
I am getting the exact error only on Chrome and Safari, when using RadAjaxPanel

I tried to trace this, but it happens exactly after i set the onclick property of a button inside the RadAjaxPanel.

any help?

Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 15 Jul 2010, 03:49 PM
Hello Basel ,

Could you please confirm that you managed to replicate this error in the project I sent you in the previous post?

Best wishes,
Pavlina
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Basel Nimer
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 15 Jul 2010, 03:50 PM
Ah, 

I am not the initial poster

anyhow, i thought that the code will not be useful in my case since i am not using a Grid.

i will check it
Basel Nimer
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 05 Sep 2010, 03:42 PM
I forgot to mention that this happens only on Chrome.
Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 08 Sep 2010, 11:04 AM
Hello Basel,

Please examine the attached project that is working as expected and let me know what is the difference in your scenario.

Regards,
Pavlina
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Samson Simon
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Sep 2010, 01:12 PM
Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: An unknown error occurred while processing the request on the server. The status code returned from the server is showing 12152, 500, 303 etc. most often its 12152
Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 16 Sep 2010, 03:34 PM
Hi Samson,

I am not sure where the exact source of the issue is. However I suggest you utilize the troubleshooting tips from this documentation topic to track it down.

Kind regards,
Pavlina
the Telerik team
Samson Simon
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Sep 2010, 05:28 AM
I tried all but still have the same problem.
when i execute the application from VS or on the IIS in my development machine (windows 7), i dont get the error. but on the production server window 2003 IIS 7 i get the error.
Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 22 Sep 2010, 10:25 AM
Hello Samson,

I suggest that you also examine the blog post below as it can help you identify the reason for the erroneous behavior and how to address it.
http://blogs.telerik.com/atanaskorchev/posts/08-07-18/web_resources_demystified_part_3_troubleshooting.aspx

Greetings,
Pavlina
the Telerik team
Tags
Ajax
Asked by
Yuji
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Pavlina
Telerik team
Basel Nimer
Top achievements
Rank 2