This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Sys is undefined

1 Answer 259 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Vitus
Top achievements
Rank 1
Vitus asked on 27 Nov 2015, 06:50 AM

I have been getting the below error, have tried every solution online i could find. even found this below solution in this forum. Even in this didn't help. I'm in bad need to get a solution for this, please

Problem:

Using the Telerik controls with RadScriptManager on your login page throws one of the following errors:

ASP.NET Ajax client-side framework failed to load

'Sys' is undefined

"Telerik.Web.UI" is undefined

Cause:

As the website denies access to all pages to unauthorized users, access to the Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd handler is unauthorized. This causes the handler to serve the content of the login page instead of the combined scripts, hence the error.

Suggested Solution:

Add a <location> section to the application configuration file to allow access to Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd to all users, like:

XML
<configuration>
<location path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd">
   <system.web>
     <authorization>
       <allow users="*"/>
     </authorization>
   </system.web>
 </location>
</configuration> 
Cause:

If a website was migrated from an older version of ASP.NET to the latest there might be a preCondition attribute added to the Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd handler declaration stating that the runtime version is 2.0

Cause:

As the website denies access to all pages to unauthorized users, access to the Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd handler is unauthorized. This causes the handler to serve the content of the login page instead of the combined scripts, hence the error.

Suggested Solution:

Add a <location> section to the application configuration file to allow access to Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd to all users, like:

• XML
<configuration>
   <system.web>
     <authorization>
       <allow users="*"/>
     </authorization>
   </system.web>
 </location>
</configuration> 

Cause:

If a website was migrated from an older version of ASP.NET to the latest there might be a preCondition attribute added to the Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd handler declaration stating that the runtime version is 2.0

Cause:

As the website denies access to all pages to unauthorized users, access to the Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd handler is unauthorized. This causes the handler to serve the content of the login page instead of the combined scripts, hence the error.

Suggested Solution:

Add a <location> section to the application configuration file to allow access to Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd to all users, like:

• XML
<configuration>
   <system.web>
     <authorization>
       <allow users="*"/>
     </authorization>
   </system.web>
 </location>
</configuration> 

Cause:

If a website was migrated from an older version of ASP.NET to the latest there might be a preCondition attribute added to the Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd handler declaration stating that the runtime version is 2.0

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 01 Dec 2015, 08:11 AM

Hi Vitus,

This exception is thrown when the MS AJAX framework does not load for some reason.

Thus, I advise the following:

1. ensure that a page with <asp:ScriptManager>, an <asp:UpdatePanel> with a <asp:Button> inside operates as expected (i.e, performs AJAX requests)
  2. add location elements that allow access to all our handlers (http://docs.telerik.com/devtools/aspnet-ajax/general-information/web-config-settings-overview#mandatory-additions-to-the-webconfig) and to the ScriptResource handler from the framework
  3. try using the CDN MS provide and the CDN we provide (http://docs.telerik.com/devtools/aspnet-ajax/controls/scriptmanager/cdn-support/overview).

On a side note - I advise that you post your questions in the most relevant forums (in this case that would be the General Discussions section of the UI for ASP.NET AJAX forum: http://www.telerik.com/forums/aspnet-ajax/general-discussions) because this will let people working on that technology see your question. I already moved the thread there.

Regards,

Marin Bratanov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Vitus
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
Share this question
or