This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

"Sys.InvalidOperationException: Could not find UPdatePanel with ID 'ctl100_ctl00_ct_PanelStep2Panel'. If it si being updated dynamically then it must be inside another UpdatePanel."

11 Answers 606 Views
Dock
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Priya
Top achievements
Rank 1
Priya asked on 01 Sep 2008, 11:20 AM
Sir,

"Sys.InvalidOperationException: Could not find UPdatePanel with ID 'ctl100_ctl00_ct_PanelStep2Panel'. If it si being updated dynamically then it must be inside another UpdatePanel."

I m getting this error.I used docks and radajaxmanager on content page.In master page,no updatepanel is used.I searched your forum,but couldnt finda solution..The code is

<telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server">

<AjaxSettings>

<telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="WorkDetailsGrid">

<UpdatedControls>

<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="WorkDetailsGrid" LoadingPanelID="LoadingPanel1"></telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl>

</UpdatedControls>

</telerik:AjaxSetting>

<telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="grdProjectTypes">

<UpdatedControls>

<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="WorkDetailsGrid" LoadingPanelID="LoadingPanel1"></telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl>

</UpdatedControls>

<telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="lnkRemoveFilter">

<UpdatedControls>

<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="grdProjectTypes" LoadingPanelID="LoadingPanel1"></telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl></UpdatedControls>

</AjaxSettings>

</telerik:RadAjaxManager>

Thanks in advance

11 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Sep 2008, 11:59 AM
When you drag the RadDock control on the client, it is moved through the DOM. So if you update a RadDock via AJAX you will receive such an error.

There several approaches to use RadDock with AJAX
1) You can update only the content in a RadDock, e.g.
http://demos.telerik.com/ASPNET/Prometheus/Dock/Examples/Default/DefaultCS.aspx
2) You can update all RadDockZones while all RadDocks are docked ,e.g.
http://demos.telerik.com/ASPNET/Prometheus/Dock/Examples/AutoPostBack/DefaultCS.aspx
3) As it shown in the following example
http://demos.telerik.com/ASPNET/Prometheus/Dock/Examples/MyPortal/DefaultCS.aspx

Hope this helps!
Priya
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Sep 2008, 12:16 PM

<

telerik:RadDockLayout runat="server" EnableViewState="false" ID="rddocklayoutPrjTypes"

StoreLayoutInViewState="false" Skin="Vista">

<telerik:RadDockZone runat="server" ID="rddockzonePrjTypes" Orientation="vertical"

Width="170px" EnableViewState="false">

<telerik:RadDock runat="server" ID="rddockPrjTypes" Title="Project Types">

<ContentTemplate>&nbsp;&nbsp; <asp:LinkButton runat="server" Text="ALL" ID="lnkAll" CommandName="ALL"></asp:LinkButton>

<telerik:RadGrid runat="server" ID="grdProjectTypes" Skin="Vista" AutoGenerateColumns="False"

CssClass="gridnew" GridLines="None" ShowHeader="false">

<ClientSettings AllowColumnsReorder="True" ReorderColumnsOnClient="True">

<Selecting AllowRowSelect="True" />

</ClientSettings>

<MasterTableView NoDetailRecordsText="" NoMasterRecordsText="">

<Columns>

<telerik:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="TemplateColumnPType">

<ItemTemplate>

<asp:LinkButton ID="lnkPTypes" runat="server" Text='<%#DataBinder.Eval(Container,"DataItem.projecttypedesc") %>'></asp:LinkButton>

(

<asp:LinkButton ID="lnkCount" runat="server" Text='<%#DataBinder.Eval(Container,"DataItem.counts") %>'></asp:LinkButton>

)

</ItemTemplate>

</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

</Columns>

<EditFormSettings>

<PopUpSettings ScrollBars="None"></PopUpSettings>

</EditFormSettings>

<ExpandCollapseColumn Visible="False" Resizable="False">

<HeaderStyle Width="20px"></HeaderStyle>

</ExpandCollapseColumn>

<RowIndicatorColumn Visible="False">

<HeaderStyle Width="20px"></HeaderStyle>

</RowIndicatorColumn>

</MasterTableView>

</telerik:RadGrid> </ContentTemplate>

</telerik:RadDock>

</telerik:RadDockZone>
</telerik:RadDockLayout>

Initially all was workg.The prbm occrued when i set the visibility of dock dynamically on condition in lnkremovebutton_click and grid_needdatasource

lnkRemoveFilter_Click()

If

dsPrj.Tables(0).Rows.Count > 1 Then

lnkAll.Visible =

True

rddockzonePrjTypes.Visible =

True

grdProjectTypes.DataSource = dsPrj

grdProjectTypes.DataBind()

Else

lnkAll.Visible =

False

rddockzonePrjTypes.Visible =

False

End If

Sophy
Telerik team
answered on 04 Sep 2008, 10:04 AM
Hi Priya,

The problem you experience is most probably due to making the RadDocks invisible. When the RadDock's Visible property is set to false the control is not rendered on the page and it is possible in case of a callback this results in the error you mention. My suggestion is to close the docks instead of making them invisible. In this way you will be able to have the closed docks in the state with closed status. You could show them later when you need them. You could close the docks if you set the RadDock's Closed property to true.

In case you still experience any problems, please, send us a simple running project which reproduces the problem you describe so that we can run it on our side, get a better idea of your scenario and research the issue. You will need to open a support ticket in order to have the right to attach files. For your convenience I have attached a screenshot from you own account with instructions how to open a support ticket. I would also like to ask you for a detailed description of what is the exact scenario you want to achieve. We will be glad to help you resolve the problem.

Best wishes,
Sophy
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Priya
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Sep 2008, 06:52 AM
Sir,
When i placed a linked button inside tht dock,everythg is workg fine..But the problm occured when  i place a radgrid..I searched ur site n found tht one guy sugests a solutin of closing <div></div>in this form instead of <div/>.
Actually i hadnt used any div.
My prbm is realy confusing.I couldnt find its source evenif i checked it with break point
Thanks
Sophy
Telerik team
answered on 10 Sep 2008, 11:40 AM
Hello Priya,

We are not aware of such an issue. Please, open a new support thread and send us a simple running project where we can observe the problem. Once, we receive it we will do our best to help you.

Best wishes,
Sophy
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
TerraForum
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Oct 2008, 09:42 PM
I receive the same error message when using radajaxmanager ina moss webpart, i followed every guide in the site, but cant get it to work. Im trying to set a radcalendar to do assinc. postbacks, setting this on prerender:

RadAjaxManager ajaxManager = RadAjaxManager.GetCurrent(this.Page); ajaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(calendario, calendario);

when i try the radajaxpanel, it just doesnt work...

TerraForum
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Oct 2008, 10:02 PM
I got around the first issue (placed radcalendar inside a Panel), bt now it only work in the first postback, the calendar does not do a second postback anymore...
Missing User
answered on 27 Oct 2008, 02:37 PM
Hello TerraForum,

I'd suggest that you temporarily disable Ajax on your page (set EnableAjax=False) and make sure that your approach works with PostBacks. This is a good debugging approach to take when you're concerned that Ajax is causing problems.

All the best,
Plamen
the Telerik team

TerraForum
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Oct 2008, 01:17 PM

as a matter of fact, i gave it up using RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, and used RadControls for ASP.NET, that caused no problems for me...

caglar_ozkul
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Nov 2008, 12:55 PM

Hi,
I have an asp Panel that contains 10 field. and a toolbar has been located on the panel (out of panel)

When I use the following code, 

protected void page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    AjaxProxy.AddAjaxSettings(toolbar1, panel1);
    AjaxProxy.AddAjaxSettings(field1

, field2);

AjaxProxy.AddAjaxSettings(field4, field5

);
}

after clicking the toolbar, field2 and field5 becomes invisible. And in the second click it gives me the error: Could not find updatepanel ctl00_.....field2 ....

Kind Regards,
Caglar Ozkul

Petko
Telerik team
answered on 20 Nov 2008, 03:41 PM
Hello caglar_ozkul,

Keep in mind that the controls, which Visible property is set to False, are not rendered on the page. This can be the reason for catching the error. For better understanding of the problem we have to reproduce it locally, but the information, that you provided is insufficient. Can you,please, send us running project, where we can observe this issue? Once we receive it, we will do our best to help you.

Sincerely yours,
Petko
the Telerik team

Tags
Dock
Asked by
Priya
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Priya
Top achievements