This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Style not applied

3 Answers 87 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Deepan Chakravarthy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Deepan Chakravarthy asked on 10 May 2010, 10:09 AM
Sometimes the Outllok style in the Radgrid(Outlook) are not applied.When i refersh my screen multiple times then the Outlook theme is applied to grid.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimo
Telerik team
answered on 11 May 2010, 02:09 PM
Hello Deepan,

I am afraid the provided information is not enough to determine the cause of the problem. Please provide further details and a runnable sample. If the problem is exhibited in IE only, then you may be hitting the browser's limitation of 31 CSS files and <style> tags and need to reduce their number. For example, you can combine non-embedded CSS files manually and use RadStyleSheetManager to combine embedded CSS files automatically.

Sincerely yours,
Dimo
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Deepan Chakravarthy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 May 2010, 01:59 PM
Hi Dimo ,
    Thank you.This is what i do.I have a grid control to which i bind the columns dynamically.I have applied the Outlook theme by default.Sometimes the theme is not applied in the grid.I am using only two style sheets.The outlook theme is a default telerik property.I am bit worried why the themes get applied only randomly.

Regards
Deepan
Dimo
Telerik team
answered on 12 May 2010, 02:35 PM
Hello Deepan,

The information is still not sufficient.

If you are displaying the RadGrid as a result of an AJAX request, then set EnableAjaxSkinRendering="true" to the control in Page_Load (both on initial load and after every postback).

Another option is to register the RadGrid skin unconditionally with RadStyleSheetManager:

<telerik:RadStyleSheetManager ID="RadStyleSheetManager1" runat="server">
       <StyleSheets>
           <telerik:StyleSheetReference Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.Grid.css" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" />
           <telerik:StyleSheetReference Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.Outlook.Grid.Outlook.css" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" />
       </StyleSheets>
   </telerik:RadStyleSheetManager>

If you need further assistance, please provide a runnable demo.

Kind regards,
Dimo
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Deepan Chakravarthy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimo
Telerik team
Deepan Chakravarthy
Top achievements
Rank 1