This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

stuggling to get the radWindow to use a custom skin Q8_2008

3 Answers 105 Views
Window
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Dan Taylor
Top achievements
Rank 1
Dan Taylor asked on 16 Jun 2008, 09:18 AM
Hi all,

we are using the radWindow quite heavily and want to create a custom skin, however since we installed Q8 release we are unable to make the menu or the window use a skin from the radControls directory, it seems to use the embeded skins (in the dll). 

If I turn off the useEmbeded skins flag the radWindow shows as just an iframe floating..

confused n stuff
rob

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
answered on 16 Jun 2008, 02:06 PM
Hello Dan,

Please, make sure that you have registered the custom skin on your page as shown below:

<link href="[Your_SkinFile_Name].css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /> 

and you have provided the correct value to the control's Skin property along with having the EnableEmbeddedSkins property set to false.

In case this does not help, please open a new support ticket and send me a sample reproduction project. Once I receive it, I will modify it in order to use your custom skin.

Greetings,
Svetlina
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Aug 2008, 01:37 PM
I too am having a problem with custom skins.  However, my skin is not even being picked up because the embedded skin .css is still being registered.  I have correctly set the "EnableEmbeddedSkins" property for both the RadWindow and RadWindowManager, but the web resource is still being created.

I am using ASP.NET Themes, and I have verified that my .css is being registered in the window.  Is there something else I need to do to get the embedded skin to stop being registered, so that my custom will be used?

Thank you,

Chris
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
answered on 29 Aug 2008, 02:45 PM
Hi Chris,

In general if you have set EnableEmbeddedSkins to false, but have also modified the base stylesheet, you will need to set the EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet property to false as well.

If you still experience problems however, it will be best to open a support ticket and send us a small sample project where the behavior that you get can be reproduced. We will check it and get back to you with the appropriate solution.

All the best,
Georgi Tunev
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
Window
Asked by
Dan Taylor
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1