This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

StripFormattingOnPaste - Mac issue

7 Answers 72 Views
Editor
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Mansi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mansi asked on 08 Jul 2010, 07:26 AM
Hi,

I am using StripFormattingOnPaste="MSWordRemoveAll,Font" to remove Word and other fonts.
This works well on windows, but the same not on mac. Especially the mac fonts which are not available in windows are still pasted in their original format. While it should convert those fonts with the default fonts.

Can anybody give any solution ASAP?

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Mansi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Jul 2010, 09:26 AM
Nobody to reply here?
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 08 Jul 2010, 11:37 AM
Hi Mansi,

Can you please try the following setting:

StripFormattingOnPaste="MSWordRemoveAll,Font,Span,Css"

If this does not help, please send sample content for paste so that I can reproduce the problem and specify the browser and its version under which the problem could be observed.

You should also make sure that you are using the latest version 2010.1 519 of RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Q1 SP2 2010.

Best wishes,
Rumen
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Mansi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Jul 2010, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the reply.
I am using product version - 2009.3.1314.20

As per your suggestion, I tried CSS and Span too. But no help. On mac safari, it does not convert any font to default.

<telerik:radeditor id="rdEditor" runat="server" editmodes="Design,Preview" height="300px" StripFormattingOnPaste="MSWordRemoveAll,Font,CSS,Span"
                   newlinebr="false" mediamanager-maxuploadfilesize="4096000" onclientcommandexecuting="OnClientCommandExecuting"
                   toolbarmode="ShowOnFocus" toolsfile="LogbookForumTools.xml" toolswidth="550px"
                   width="550px">
                   <Content>
                   </Content>
</telerik:radeditor>

Is this not supported in this version or what? And if it is like that then what it the solution for that?
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 08 Jul 2010, 03:21 PM
Hi Mansi,

I was unable to reproduce the problem with the latest version 2010.1 519, but without success. For your convenience I have attached my sample project. You can see my test at http://screencast.com/t/NGM1NDE2OTA. Am I missing something?

Sincerely yours,
Rumen
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Mansi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Jul 2010, 06:47 AM
Thanks for the reply again.

I saw the video. in html it does not show fonts tag, but this does not happen with my telerik version.

This is font testing on mac.

working?

This is the text I pasted. And the html is still, with fonts information. I have used StripFormattingOnPaste="MSWordRemoveAll,Font,Span,Css"

<p style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font: normal normal normal 18px/normal 'savoye let';">This is font testing on mac.</p> <p style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font: normal normal normal 18px/normal 'jazz let';">working?</p>

why this happens to mac safari? Well it works proper on windows.
Accepted
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 09 Jul 2010, 10:43 AM
Hi Mansi,

I was able to reproduce the problem with the version of RadEditor that you use. After that I verified once again that the problem is fixed in the latest one. Please, see my test in the attached video at http://screencast.com/t/NjQ1ZmU3Y2It.

To fix the problem, you will need to upgrade to the latest version 2010.1 519, which is backward compatible with version 2009.3.1314.

Best regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team
Mansi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Jul 2010, 07:15 AM
Thanks Rumen,

There was a version issue, solved it by getting latest version.

Regards,
Mansi Shah
Tags
Editor
Asked by
Mansi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Mansi
Top achievements
Rank 1