This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Stand alone dialogs fail 2012.2.724.40

2 Answers 56 Views
Editor
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Fit2Page
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Fit2Page asked on 08 Aug 2012, 10:09 AM
Stand alone dialogs are not working anymore when switching to 2012.2.724.40

I rebuild with your KB  article code and keep getting:

Bericht: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   Telerik.Web.UI.Editor.DialogControls.ImageManagerDialog.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +232
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +146
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207

Please help

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 09 Aug 2012, 11:29 AM
Hi,

I am aware of this issue with RadEditor external dialogs coming from the latest Q2 2012 SP1 release. The problem is logged in our Public Issues Tracking System with ID 12099 and the fix will be available in the next SP release.
In the meantime I could provide you with a workaround - see the attached project here.

Actually you need to apply the following line to each of the dialog definitions:
Copy Code
DialogDefinition imageManager = new DialogDefinition(typeof(ImageManagerDialog), imageManagerParameters);
imageManager.Parameters["IsSkinTouch"] = false;
DialogDefinition documentManager = new DialogDefinition(typeof(DocumentManagerDialog), documentManagerParameters);
documentManager.Parameters["IsSkinTouch"] = false;

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
J
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Sep 2012, 12:27 AM
You wouldn't believe how hard it's been to find this exact page. Google really shows its flaws when your not looking for something well known and easy to express in English. 

I can verify this workaround fixes the issue. 

For others searching for this page, here's some tags to help google - DialogOpener, RadDialogOpener, ImageManager, "image manager 
", "Object reference not set to an instance of an object", telerik, stand-alone, "without RadEditor", "null reference", http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/editor/image-editor-with-dialog-opener.aspx, http://www.telerik.com/support/kb/aspnet-ajax/editor/using-the-image-and-document-managers-outside-radeditor.aspx 
Tags
Editor
Asked by
Fit2Page
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Answers by
Rumen
Telerik team