This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Spell Checker

11 Answers 125 Views
Editor
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
avi
Top achievements
Rank 1
avi asked on 24 Feb 2011, 10:37 AM
Hello, 

I would like to use the editor spell checker in Hebrew, from were can i download the dictionary's that i need?
And were exactly put them?

Regards,

Avner

11 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 24 Feb 2011, 12:02 PM
Hello  Avner,

You can download the dictionary from Here.
RadSpell Dictionaries.

And also check out the documentation which specifies more on spellchecking in Hebrew or Arabic Languages.
Checking Spelling in Hebrew or Arabic Languages

Thanks,
Shinu.
avi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Mar 2011, 10:46 AM
Hi,

I put the dictionary at the  path: ~/App_Data/RadSpell

and set the properties of the editor to:

<rad:RadEditor

Id="RadEditor1"

SpellCheckSettings-WordIgnoreOptions="UPPERCASE"

SpellCheckSettings-SpellCheckProvider="EditDistanceProvider"

SpellCheckSettings-SpellEditDistance="2"

Runat="server">
</
rad:RadEditor>
as mentioned in the guid.

and set the SpellCheckSettings-DictionaryLanguage Property to : he-IL

But still when i run the spell Checker with words in hebrew that contains errores it pop up window that says
'No Mistakes Found"
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 03 Mar 2011, 03:09 PM
Hello Avi,

You posted your question in RadEditor for ASP.NET AJAX forum, but this article Checking Spelling in Hebrew or Arabic Languages is for RadEditor Classic. Could you specify which version of RadEditor you use and I will send you a working example?

Best wishes,
Rumen
the Telerik team
Registration for Q1 2011 What’s New Webinar Week is now open. Mark your calendar for the week starting March 21st and book your seat for a walk through all the exciting stuff we ship with the new release!
avi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Mar 2011, 09:49 AM
Hi,

I supose i use the Q1 2010 version ( how can i be sure ?)
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 09 Mar 2011, 03:03 PM
Hello Avi,

If you use RadSpell Classic then you will have RadSpell.dll in the bin folder as well as RadControls/RadSpell folder in the root of the web application..
If you use the new RadSpell for ASP.NET AJAX then the Telerik.Web.UI.dll will be available in the bin folder of your project.

All the best,
Rumen
the Telerik team
Registration for Q1 2011 What’s New Webinar Week is now open. Mark your calendar for the week starting March 21st and book your seat for a walk through all the exciting stuff we ship with the new release!
avi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Mar 2011, 03:37 PM
O.k

But I didnt' asked about the Dll's, u told that u will give a running example.

Regards,
Avner
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 11 Mar 2011, 04:32 PM
Hello avi,

In my earlier post I provided instructions how to see whether you use RadSpell for ASP.NET AJAX or RadSpell for ASP.NET in your project.

For your convenience I prepared a demo with the new and supported RadEditor for ASP.NET AJAX. The project is attached to your other forum thread: http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/editor/spell-checker-hebrew.aspx.

All the best,
Rumen
the Telerik team
avi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Mar 2011, 11:16 AM
I defined my radEditor config file as you described and added more properties :

<SpellCheckSettings DictionaryLanguage="he-IL" SpellCheckProvider="EditDistanceProvider" 
 DictionaryPath = "~/App_Data/RadSpell " EditDistance=2 WorldIgnorOptions="UPERCASE"
/>

.. Still i got the message "Mistakes didn't found"
I Guess that the problem is with the Hebrew dictionary that i took from the post:

http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/spell/147971-radspell-dictionaries.aspx

Regards,

Avi
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 17 Mar 2011, 01:00 PM
Hi Avi,

I am afraid that I could not help you with the Hebrew dictionary, because only the three English, German and French dictionaries that comes with RadControls installation are supported. The available dictionaries in the sticky are provided by our users and we do not guarantee that they are complete and without mistakes.

Kind regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team
avi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Mar 2011, 02:10 PM
Hi Rumen

The problem isn't in the worlds that are in the dictionary itself, the message that i get says "Mistakes didn't found"
for all the worlds...

Regards,
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 22 Mar 2011, 02:25 PM
Hi Avi,

The spellchecker in the provided demo http://www.telerik.com/ClientsFiles/255549_HebrewSpellChecker-Web-UI.zip works on my end, you can see that in the following video: http://screencast.com/t/Ah4sL27Y.

Best regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team
Tags
Editor
Asked by
avi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Shinu
Top achievements