Ok after playing with the sample, this is how you do it.. I will write it here to have it as a reference
1) Drag a table on the designer. It will be a 3 column x 2 rows table originally. 1st row will be headers, 2nd row will be data.
2) Make sure you have the GetData function on the report class that will feed the table as a DataTable object like this:
var table =
i = 0; i < 128; i++)
"Some day plan"
3) Now hook up this function with the DataSource property of the table. Add an ObjectDataSource to the report and go to the wizard and point to this function.
4) Right click on the data row (2nd) and do "Insert Row" > "Outside Group - Above"
5) Right click on the same data row (now the 3rd) and do "Insert Row" > "Outside Group - Below"
6) On the group explorer, go to (Detail), click on the "..." button and do "Add Group" > "Parent Group", click on New, and select "= Fields.ID" from the drop down (it will be there if you hooked the data source), click on OK
7) Delete the 1st Row (Header row), right click and do "Delete Rows"
8) Click on the 1st Column, 1st Row, and press click delete, that will remove the text.
9) Using shift, click on the cells of the 1st column, right click and do "Merge Cells"
10) Put the desired text title on the (2nd column, 1st row), (3rd column, 1st row), .... and so on.
11) Put the desired data fields on the (2nd column, 2nd row), (2nd column, 2nd row), .... and so on
12) You might delete the last column as you only have two fields to show on this sample.
13) Merge cells (c:2, r:3), (c:3, r:3)
14) Hide 1st column (Fields.ID), change Visible property from True to False.
15) Edit Grouping on the Group explorer, click on "..." on the Grouping column, change "=Fields.ID" to "=Fields.ID/8"
16) Adjust cells sizes. Compile. and try it (click Preview)