This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

SP 421 Upgrade Wizard doesn't recognize the need to upgrade v413

5 Answers 46 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Steve Johnson
Top achievements
Rank 1
Steve Johnson asked on 21 Apr 2010, 10:29 PM
Title says it all, and I put in a support ticket.  I'm curious if others are having the same problem.

Thanks,
Steve

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Steve Johnson
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Apr 2010, 10:37 PM
I just got done upgrading a second machine and didn't have the problem.  I'm still curious though.
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 22 Apr 2010, 04:13 PM
Hello Steve,

Most likely you have ticked the "Do not start the wizard next time a solution is opened" checkbox of the Upgrade Wizard. Still you can always manually start the wizard from the Telerik Reporting Menu.

Sincerely yours,
Steve
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Steve Johnson
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Apr 2010, 07:16 PM
No, actually the message indicating nothing to upgrade comes from the Wizard.  Like I said, only happened on one box.
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 27 Apr 2010, 05:17 PM
Hi Steve,

If the Upgrade Wizard does not detect a newer version to upgrade to, it is simply not started when you open your solution and there are no messages of any kind provided to the UI. If you manually start the Wizard then it should show you the installed Telerik Reporting versions along with the version in your project (second screenshot in the Upgrade Wizard article). If there is no need to upgrade both versions (left and right side) should match.

Best wishes,
Steve
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Steve Johnson
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Apr 2010, 09:27 PM
Well that's not what happened.  I marked this as closed, I've moved on.
Thanks,
Steve
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Steve Johnson
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Steve Johnson
Top achievements
Rank 1