This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Skin resources for Web20 and Office2007

3 Answers 139 Views
ComboBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
iTools
Top achievements
Rank 1
iTools asked on 30 May 2010, 10:51 PM
Hello

Our application makes extensive use of the Web20 and Office2007 embedded skins, but I wish to make changes to these skins.
So, I followed the instructions for using themes. So, setting EnableEmbeddedSkins = false and setting the Theme property appropriately.

My procedure for getting the Web20 and Office2007 skins was to navigate to the following directories:
  1. C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Q1 2010\Skins\Web20
  2. C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Q1 2010\Skins\Office2007
  3. C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Q1 2010\Skins

And to grab two two CSS files for the two skins and to grab the images in the two folders.
I did the recommended CSS name changes and my images are appropriately referenced.

Unfortunitely, the result from my skinning looks nothing near what the embedded skin looks like.
Now, I noticed that the controls using embedded skins were referencing images using WebResource.axd... and my controls did not have access to these files.

Please advice as to where I can download full skins from or what steps I need to take to have control over these skins.

Thanks.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
answered on 03 Jun 2010, 09:40 AM
Hello Jan,

There shouldn't be any references to embedded images in the skins that sit in this folder. Are you sure that you switched off EnableEmbeddedSkins (also some common images can be loaded from the base stylesheet, be sure to switch off the embedded one if you use external)? You can check the head tag in Firebug to see which stylesheets get loaded in the page and where the embedded background images come from. Alternatively you can file a support ticket with a sample project or a live URL reproducing your issue and we will check it for you.

Sincerely yours,
Kamen Bundev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
iTools
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Jun 2010, 11:47 PM
I completely disabled EnableEmbeddedSkins.

I should have stated that I'm not using the latest RadComboBox version because the effort to upgrade to the latest version is too significant at the moment. I installed "Telerik RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Q1 2010 SP1" and was grabbing their styles and images. Although the ddl in our application is version 2008.3.1125.20 of Telerik.Web.UI, not the latest 2010.1.415.

And I see there have been breaking changes between these versions in terms of the base stylesheets.
How can I get the base stylesheets for our current version of the RadComboBox?

Accepted
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
answered on 17 Jun 2010, 12:17 PM
Hello Jan,

Unfortunately we did a very big update in Q1 2009 and the skins are not backward compatible with Q3 2008. On the other hand we updated our older skins that you currently use to work with Q1 2009+ (some may need to be updated for the latest releases), so if you upgrade to the last release, you can still use your skins from Q3 2008 (or the new ones).

All the best,
Kamen Bundev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
ComboBox
Asked by
iTools
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
iTools
Top achievements
Rank 1