This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Sharepoint 2019

8 Answers 700 Views
WebParts for SharePoint
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
JohnA
Top achievements
Rank 1
JohnA asked on 17 Sep 2019, 02:36 PM

Hello

Are there any plans to support Sharepoint Server 2019  (On-premises)

Thank You

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 18 Sep 2019, 09:57 AM
Hi John,

SharePoint 2019 offers similar app model and server infrastructure to SharePoint 2016-2013 in terms of web part registration and usage. This means that you can install manually and use the available SharePoint 2013 Telerik web parts under SharePoint 2019. 

You should be able to manually install the Telerik AJAX Web Parts via the provided Telerik_Web_Parts_For_Sharepoint2013_2019_3_917_Dev.zip -> RadControlsSP.wsp setup file.

Here is what we found regarding the ASP.NET Web Forms level of support for SP2019:

As per our observation, the old structure is still present in SharePoint 2019 and therefore, we can continue using the Telerik SharePoint Web Parts same way. The TeamSite type of site collection has a Modern layout, but SharePoint 2019 kept the classic one too. We have tested all major scenarios, using the built-in web parts, binding to data (SQL, SharePoint lists), creating custom web parts, enabling AJAX.

Here are some screenshots:

Publishing scenario:

Insert RadEditor Web Part

Best regards,
Rumen
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
JohnA
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Sep 2019, 09:51 PM
Thank You!
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 25 Sep 2019, 06:19 AM

You are welcome John!

Best Regards,
Rumen
Progress Telerik

Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Pistle
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
answered on 30 Sep 2020, 09:51 AM
SharePoint supports intranet, extranet, and Internet applications from a single, integrated platform. The specific licenses you need depend on three factors: what capabilities are used, how SharePoint is deployed, and where the system is hosted. The terms and conditions for how you can use the software are defined in the Product Terms document.
SharePoint Online is licensed on a per-user basis. You can purchase SharePoint Online as a standalone plan or included as part of Microsoft 365 plans..
For On-Premises, intranet sites are licensed using a Server/CAL (Client Access License) model. SharePoint Server 2019 is required for each running instance of the software, and CALs are required for each person or device accessing a SharePoint Server.
SharePoint Standard CAL: the Standard CAL delivers the core capabilities of SharePoint
Sites: a single infrastructure for all your business websites
Communities: an integrated collaboration platform
Content: enterprise content management (ECM) for the masses
Search: people and expertise search, visual previews, visual best bets
SharePoint Enterprise CAL: the Enterprise CAL delivers the full capabilities of SharePoint 
Sites: a single infrastructure for all your business websites
Communities: an integrated collaboration platform
Content: ECM for the masses
Search: standard search features plus entity extraction, video search, item recommendations
Business solutions (includes Access Services and InfoPath Services)
Business Intelligence for everyone (includes Power View, PerformancePoint Services, Excel Services, and Visio Services)

Notes
SharePoint Enterprise CAL is additive: to access the Enterprise edition features of SharePoint, a person/device must have both the SharePoint Standard CAL and the SharePoint Enterprise CAL.
In SharePoint 2019, for extranet and Internet sites scenarios, no CALs are required for external users.
External users means users that are not either your or your affiliates’ employees, or your or your affiliates’ onsite contractors or onsite agents.
SharePoint 2013 customers with Software Assurance (SA) can leverage Volume Licensing downgrade rights to run SharePoint 2013 bits with SharePoint 2019 use rights.
Srinivasa Rao
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Oct 2020, 07:39 AM
Hi Team,

I have down loaded “Telerik_Web_Parts_For_Sharepoint2013_2020_3_1021_Trial”. For Sharepoint2019 .When I do the installation I am getting error like need sharepoint2013 server or foundation needs to install

Can you please prove current version MSI installer/WSP  of Trail for SharePoint 2019  I have down loaded from below link.

https://www.telerik.com/download/sharepoint-web-parts
Attila Antal
Telerik team
answered on 26 Oct 2020, 02:47 PM

Hi Srinivasa,

Are you installing Telerik SharePoint WebParts on the SharePoint server or you are installing it on your development machine? The Telerik installer for SharePoint WebParts will deploy SharePoint WebPart solutions (.wsp files) that are ready solutions and can be installed on the server that has SharePoint installed.

Please double-check the instructions from Installing Telerik Web Parts to ensure no steps are skipped while installing built-in WebParts, or follow the instructions from the Create an AJAX-enabled SharePoint WebPart with Telerik Controls article to install the Suite for creating custom WebParts.

Regards,
Attila Antal
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

Srinivasa Rao
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Oct 2020, 01:24 PM

Hi Attila,
Sorry miscommunication, i am using one existing radcontrolssp wsp from  SP2013 and deployed in  sharepoint 2019.

I am using RadEditor  control in  page layout.  i have added registry tag below

<%@ Register TagPrefix="radE" Namespace="Telerik.SharePoint.FieldEditor" Assembly="RadEditorSharePoint, Version=7.15.0.0, culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1f131a624888eeed" %>

In Page content fields i am added like below

<radE:RadHtmlField id="PageContentEdit" FieldName="PublishingPageContent" runat="server" ConfigFile="~/_controltemplates/projectfolder/xml/FFL_ConfigFile.xml" ToolsFile="~/_controltemplates/projectfolder/xml/FFL_ToolsFile.xml" AllowScripts="true" AllowSpecialTags="true">
</radE:RadHtmlField>

Below the DLL verion:

RadEditorSharePoint  7.15.0.0
Telerik.Web.UI          2018.1.117.45

when i am doing page edit i am getting below error. Can u please suggest on this 

[ArgumentException: Corrupted control template. Please check RenderingTemplate of "TextField" in the control template ascx file.] Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.BaseTextField.CreateChildControls() +1088 Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.NoteField.CreateChildControls() +129 Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.RichTextField.CreateChildControls() +43 Telerik.SharePoint.FieldEditor.RadHtmlField.CreateChildControls() +18 System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +130 Telerik.SharePoint.FieldEditor.RadHtmlField.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +60 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +129 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +226 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +226 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +226 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +226 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +226 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +226 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +226 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +226 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

+3712

Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 30 Oct 2020, 01:07 AM

Hi Srinivasa,

I suggest you examine the files in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\15\TEMPLATE\CONTROLTEMPLATES" - RadEditor uses TelerikRadEditorHtml.ascx and TelerikRadEditorText.ascx and those templates should have the proper references. I am attaching here the default one that you may use as a base. It is also important to note that if you have other templates for the RichHtmlField and/or RichTextField, they can break things in this manner and you would need to find them and see whether/how you need them.

These templates should, generally, not be modified.

At this point I can advise the following:

• copy the original templates to the "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\15\TEMPLATE\CONTROLTEMPLATES" folder. I am attaching it here for your convenience
  • change the tagPrefix to telerik in the web.config (and any custom webparts/user controls/pages where this is used) so that it matches the default convention we have. Note how the telerik and rad prefixes are used in the Register directives in the default templates.
  • reboot the machine

If this does not help, I advise that you

• uninstall everything related to our controls, and remove any leftovers in the web.config if there are any.
  • reboot the machine
  • and install the latest WSP version.

This should provide the needed resources, web.config registrations and assemblies.

Best Regards,
Rumen
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

Tags
WebParts for SharePoint
Asked by
JohnA
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rumen
Telerik team
JohnA
Top achievements
Rank 1