This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Sharepoint 2010 webpart issue

3 Answers 89 Views
Scheduler
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Alberto
Top achievements
Rank 1
Alberto asked on 03 Aug 2010, 10:58 AM
Hi,

i´m devoloping a webpart for sharepoint 2010 and i´m having some problems with the scheduler . For example when i´m trying to edit the webpart properties the menu appears behind the calendar, so i can´t click on it, also when clicking on the header to display the calendar it doesn´t show completely it just display a few days. This also happens when i try to edit or create a new appointment.

Hope there is an easy way to fix it, 
Thanks

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
answered on 09 Aug 2010, 12:04 PM
Hi Alberto,

We haven't experienced such issues before. Can you reproduce this behavior on our demo site?

Any additional information such as screenshots, source code or a live URL will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Tsvetomir Tsonev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Accepted
Dasha
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Sep 2010, 10:37 AM
Alberto, I was able to solve the web part menu issue by adding  this to the page:
<style type="text/css">
    .RadScheduler_Default .rsHeader
    {
        z-index: 100;
    }
    .RadScheduler .rsHeader
    {
        z-index: 100;
    }
</style>

Basically the web part menu z-index is 103, and the Header's was 1000, so you just have to make sure to stay below 103, and it's good.

My current problem is I can't seem to ajaxify the RadScheduler in a web part.  I'm using the AjaxManager approach:

<telerik:RadAjaxManager runat="Server" ID="RadAjaxManager1">
    <AjaxSettings>
        <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="Calendar">
            <UpdatedControls>
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="Calendar" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" />
            </UpdatedControls>
        </telerik:AjaxSetting>
    </AjaxSettings>
</telerik:RadAjaxManager>
<telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel ID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" runat="server" Skin="Vista" />
<telerik:RadScheduler runat="server" ID="Calendar" Width="100%">
    <AppointmentTemplate>
        <div class="rsAptSubject">
            <%# HttpUtility.HtmlDecode(Eval("Subject").ToString()) %>
        </div>
        <span style="font-size: x-small!important; font-style: italic!important;">
            <%# CWCalendar.DataDescriptionField %>
            <%# Eval("Description") %></span>
    </AppointmentTemplate>
</telerik:RadScheduler>

I am only able to switch the View once, after that a # is added to the query string and nothing happens.  When I tried using a RadAjaxPanel around the RadScheduler, I would get javascript errors when switching between views.  Is there a trick for web parts?

I didn't have any troubles with the RadGrid, everything worked smoothly.
Alberto
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Sep 2010, 12:43 PM
Hi Dasha, thanks for your reply.

About the issues with the update panel i have exactly the same problem. I opened a new post here http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/scheduler/asp-updatepanel-and-radscheduler-issues.aspx

i´m not using the telerik ajax manager, but it should be the same.

Tags
Scheduler
Asked by
Alberto
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
Dasha
Top achievements
Rank 1