This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

SharePoint 2010 Visual Web Part with RadGrid populated by SQL datasource and filetered by multiple selections...Possible?

3 Answers 48 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Carolee
Top achievements
Rank 1
Carolee asked on 04 Sep 2012, 02:01 PM
I have a SQL data source that I need to present in SharePoint 2010 and I need to allow users to select multiple values from one of the columns (several Clients for exanple) and show the items pertaining to those.  I do not see how to do this with the SPRadGrid...so I am thinking it must be done from scratch?

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 07 Sep 2012, 09:04 AM
Hello Carolee,

Could you be more specific where exactly the problem is? If you set the grid's DataSourceID property correctly to the SqlDataSource control's ID it should bind to the data. Then, you can enable the grid's cell selection so that multiple column cells can be selected. How to get those is explained in the following help articles:
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/grid-selecting-cells-mouse-keyboard.html
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/grid-selecting-cells-api.html

Regards,
Tsvetoslav
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Carolee
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Sep 2012, 06:28 PM
Apologies.  I did not explain that very well.

I want to filter a list of items to return those which pertain to three  or more separate individuals...  So, there would theoretically be a comma delimited list.   I have accomplished this with the RadFilter, using the (in my example) "Asignee" field three separate times with an "OR" clause.  But I just wondered if it was possible to do it all in one query?  Note:  The list of names will change, and so this must be done dynamically.

Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 11 Sep 2012, 02:04 PM
Hi Carolee,

I am afraid it is not possible to accomplish that type of filtering automatically with SPRadGrid or RadGrid for that matter.

All the best,
Tsvetoslav
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Carolee
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
Carolee
Top achievements
Rank 1