This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Sharepoint 2010 and Reporting

6 Answers 74 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Joshua
Top achievements
Rank 1
Joshua asked on 10 Nov 2012, 11:45 PM
We are having an issue with the Telerik reporting components running inside Sharepoint 2010.  We are running version 6.1.12.120.  On a local development machine, the reports run fine, but when deployed on a remote Sharepoint server, the reports "spin" endlessly and don't return.  However, it does not seem to be consistent -- with very small amounts of data (1-5 rows), the report will return, but with more data, it just sits and spins.  What I have noticed is that I get a 403 error on one of the calls to the ReportViewer.axd, specifically the item appendChild <frame> call.  We have verified that the SQL calls returns quickly, we have stepped through the code in the debugger and verified that it databinds the data, but the report won't render.

Are there specific permissions required for Telerik report rendering in Sharepoint 2010?  Has anyone run across this issue where the reports run inconsistently, especially with data of any consequence, within Sharepoint?  What other things should we try to troubleshoot these reports?  Thanks!

I have attached a screenshot of the 403 error call.

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
0
Joshua
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Nov 2012, 01:13 AM
Solved.  It is writing to the temporary file location and does not have permissions.  When I changed the SessionState to Memory, it worked fine.
0
Rico
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Nov 2012, 06:36 PM
Hi there,

I'm experiencing the same issue (running Version=6.1.12.820). Joshua, do you mean you defined in you web.config file <sessionState mode='InProc' /> ? This hasn't helped resolved my issue -- the report still spins forever... I noticed that in the latest Q3 2012 release that you can configure the Cache mode for the reports -- would this help? Upgrading isn't an option at this point in time though. Do I need to specify certain permissions on this temporary file location as a workaround?

Thanks!
0
Joshua
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Nov 2012, 03:19 PM
Hey Ryan,

The fix is to do the sessionState node under the Telerik.Reporting section in the config file. 

<Telerik.Reporting>
<SessionState provider=”Memory”/>
</Telerik.Reporting>
0
Rico
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Nov 2012, 04:45 PM
Hi Joshua,

Thanks for the reply! However, that setting doesn't seem to be recognized/valid? I've also looked through the telerik documentation, and I also can't find anything related to a 'sessionstate' section (though their documentation now all is related to the Q3 2012 version).

<Telerik.Reporting>
<SessionState provider="Memory" />
</Telerik.Reporting>

The following exception is generated with your proposed settings:

Could not load type 'Telerik.Reporting.Configuration.ReportingConfigurationSection' from assembly 'Telerik.Reporting, Version=6.1.12.820, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be'.

at System.Configuration.TypeUtil.GetTypeWithReflectionPermission(IInternalConfigHost host, String typeString, Boolean throwOnError)
at System.Configuration.RuntimeConfigurationRecord.RuntimeConfigurationFactory.Init(RuntimeConfigurationRecord configRecord, FactoryRecord factoryRecord)
at System.Configuration.RuntimeConfigurationRecord.RuntimeConfigurationFactory.InitWithRestrictedPermissions(RuntimeConfigurationRecord configRecord, FactoryRecord factoryRecord)
at System.Configuration.RuntimeConfigurationRecord.CreateSectionFactory(FactoryRecord factoryRecord)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.FindAndEnsureFactoryRecord(String configKey, Boolean& isRootDeclaredHere)

Do you have any further suggestions? Thanks!
0
Joshua
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Nov 2012, 05:10 PM
I had a similar issue and it was because not all the necessary Telerik assemblies were registered in the GAC.  Make sure your Config file has the entries below and that the Telerik Reporting assemblies are registered in the GAC.  I'd register all the assemblies found in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Reporting Q2 2012\Bin
<configSections>
    <section name="Telerik.Reporting" type="Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Config.ReportingConfigurationSection, Telerik.Reporting, Version=6.1.12.820, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be" allowLocation="true" allowDefinition="Everywhere" />
   
...
 
<Telerik.Reporting>
    <SessionState provider="Memory" />
...
0
Rico
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Nov 2012, 05:57 PM
I had incorrectly entered the wrong 'Type value' within the section... "Telerik.Reporting.Configuration.ReportingConfigurationSection" should have been "Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Config.ReportConfigurationSection" (as you provided). Everything appears to be working properly now. Thanks again!
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Joshua
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Joshua
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rico
Top achievements
Rank 1
Share this question
or