This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Set map width and height as 100% of RadSplitter

5 Answers 112 Views
Splitter
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Prava kafle
Top achievements
Rank 1
Prava kafle asked on 19 May 2010, 05:17 PM
Hi,

I am using a RadSplitter to wrapTitleBar on top and Map at  bottom. I am setting  map width and height in percentage to occupy 100% of RadPanels size. However, during the page load map covers only a portion of the RadPanel. How can I set  map to occupy the 100% of the Container.

Thanks,
Prava

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Pero
Telerik team
answered on 24 May 2010, 03:35 PM
Hi Prava,

The following online demo might be of help: http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/splitter/examples/resizewithwindow/defaultcs.aspx.

You could also consider the following suggestions:

• When you have a vertical splitter you do not have to set Height=100% for its child panes (the same for width and horizontal splitter) and also if you have all the RadPanes except for one with explicit width (height for horizontal orientation) you do not have to calculate it for the last pane. The above calculations are automatically done by the splitter and when you explicitly set unnecessary size, you actually force the splitter to make additional calculations which influences the performance.
  • When you have a RadSplitter nested in a RadPane, you do not have to set any of its size explicitly because it will automatically occupy 100% of the parent pane. Setting the size leads to additional calculations and slows down the page.
  • Set VisibleDuringInit="false" to hide initial resize when the size is in percentages

Kind regards,
Pero
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Prava kafle
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 May 2010, 04:00 PM
Hi Pero,
 I strictly followed instructions in demo. No matter what I do my map does not cover 100% height of the container during page load. Next issue I am having is I am loosing  my map(Map panel is blank ) on  use of  RadAjaxmanager to ajaxify my controls.
How can I ajaxify my app using the Ajax manager.

Thanks
Prava
Tsvetie
Telerik team
answered on 27 May 2010, 09:10 AM
Hello Prava,
In case you have ajaxified your map control, the ajax manager creates an UpdatePanel control and wraps your map control in this UpdatePanel. The UpdatePanel renders a DIV element by default and in case you are using height=100% for your map control, you should specify a height style for this DIV element as well. The easiest was to check whether this causes the problem with the height of the map control, is to remove the ajax manager and all other parent HTML elements of the map control so that it becomes a direct child of the splitter pane. You can use Firebug for FF or Developer Tools for IE to check this.

Regarding your problem with the map control disappearing when you have ajaxified your controls - I would recommend that you remove the RadAjaxManager control and test your page with UpdatePanel controls (with UpdateMode=Conditional) instead. In case the map appears and functions as expected, you should not have problems using the RadAjaxManager control.

In case you need additional help with that, it would be best if you open a new support ticket and send us a running test project that we can use to debug the problems.

Sincerely yours,
Tsvetie
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Prava kafle
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 May 2010, 03:05 PM
Hello Tsvetie,
I successfully tested my app using an update panel  and a css file setting its width and height to 100%. With Ajax manager I donot know  the client ID for each dynamic update panel wrapping my map. If I could know the Client ID generated by RadAjax Manager, I can use css to set the dynamic updatePanels width and height to 100%. Is there a way know cliend ID? I am  also not able to use  Visual builder for RadAjax Manager on right clicking the RadAjax manager I get error message  as shown in attached file. Can you tell me why this is happening? Is Radscript manager equivalent to  ajax control tool kit's ToolkitScriptManager?

Thanks
Prava
Tsvetie
Telerik team
answered on 02 Jun 2010, 09:49 AM
Hi Prava kafle,
For information how to apply styles to the dynamically created by the ajax manager UpdatePanel controls, please refer to the following code library:
http://www.telerik.com/community/code-library/aspnet-ajax/ajax/how-to-set-100-height-and-random-styles-to-a-radajaxmanager-update-panel.aspx

Regarding the designer error, you can try the following:
  1. Restart Visual Studio
  2. Delete you .net cache files (delete all sub folders):
    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files or
    C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files
  3. Try the suggestions in the following blogpost - http://blogs.telerik.com/atanaskorchev/posts/09-03-06/Meet_Telerik_Web_Design_dll.aspx
  4. In case you are using Visual Sudio 2008, make sure that you have installed SP1. The pre-SP1 Visual Studio 2008 IDE has a bug with the proper assembly loading. The Telerik.Web.Design assembly exists in the GAC and the IDE loads it, but it cannot resolve the dependence between the Telerik.Web.Design and Telerik.Web.UI assemblies properly. To fix the design time error in this case, you could either apply the Visual Studio SP1 upgrade, or copy the Telerik.Web.UI assembly to the [VisualStudioInstallationFolder]\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies folder. This way the Visual Studio IDE would be able to properly resolve the reference between the two assemblies and load the designers.

Regarding your question about the differences between ScriptManager and RadScriptManager - our RadScriptManager combines all embedded JS files into a single file and as a result all requested files are served with a single request. You can read more abbout RadScriptManage in our online documentation - http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/radscriptmanager.html.

Greetings,
Tsvetie
the Telerik team

Tags
Splitter
Asked by
Prava kafle
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Pero
Telerik team
Prava kafle
Top achievements
Rank 1