By design the OnItemCommand
event is fired in the following commands :
- UploadFile - fired before each uploaded file is saved
- MoveDirectory - fired before a directory is moved/renamed
- CreateDirectory - fired before the file explorer creates a new folder
- DeleteDirectory - fired before the file explorer deletes a folder
- DeleteFile - fired before a file is deleted
- MoveFile - fired before a file is moved/rename
In the project attached to my previous response i used the OnItemCommand
event in order to perform validation. I also implemented simple logic(check the length of the path of the uploaded file) in order to cancel the uploading, and it works as expected. I also tested it with a custom provider but the OnItemCommand
is fired and worked as expected.
At this point I cannot tell what is causing the problem in your case. That is why it will be best if you open a new support ticket and send me a full sample project which reproduces the problem that you experience. Once I have a better view over your setup, I will do my best to provide a solution right away.
All the best,
the Telerik team