What I'm looking to accomplish is an application that allows a user to mark a document/Draw on it and have that document be stored on the server as a PDF or image file for archiving.
I'm using Visual Studio 2013 with .net 4.6.1 and it's a webforms project in ASP/C#.
The general flow is:
1. Webform served and filled out with relevant information (text boxes. drop downs, etc).
2. ** Completed webform saved as an image by user button press and either sent to directory on server or streamed to RadImageEditor.
3. Image loaded into RadImageEditor
4. User draws/writes on image.
5. RadImageEditor saves updated image in temp directory.
6. Updated image saved on server as PDF with RadPDFProcessing.
I have most of the steps working/complete, I'm only missing a crucial step #2. I cannot seem to figure out how to save a ClientExport image to be loaded into the RadImageEditor.
Even if I have to cache the file locally on a users pc, that is ok but I would prefer server if that's possible. I just need to be able to perform this functionality without needing direct user intervention between steps 1 and 6.
I read through the documentation on saving a pdf here http://docs.telerik.com/devtools/aspnet-ajax/controls/clientexportmanager/client-side-programming/events/pdfexporting but was unable to get it to work. I kept getting iis tracelog xml files that would report failed requests with code 200.
Any help or pointing in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.