This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Selecting date greater than 2100 gives warning icon on UI

4 Answers 93 Views
Calendar
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ira
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ira asked on 08 Jun 2011, 10:23 AM
Hi,

I am putting a "RadDateTimePicker" on a page, and I am also setting the MinDate and MaxDate to DateTime.MinValue and DateTime.MaxValue. After doing all these settings, I am able to select date less than 1980(default MinDate for RadDateTimePicker.) and it is saving fine. But I am selecting the date with year greater than 2100, it is giving warning icon on the UI. Though it is saving. Please see the screenshot attached.

I checked following post, and telerik's demo that is attached with the same is working.
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet/calendar/raddatepicker-not-taking-the-value-from-kebord.aspx

Then I checked the dll versions, in which I found that it is working with version no. = "2010.2.826.40"  but we are having dll with version no. = "2009.02.0701.20", which we cannot change currently.

So is there any work-around for fixing this issue?

The code is as following:
.aspx code
<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="RADDateTimePicker_Telerik_Post.aspx.cs" Inherits="TelerikPlayGround.RADDateTimePicker_Telerik_Post" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<head id="Head1" runat="server">
    <title></title>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <div>
        <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server">
        </telerik:RadScriptManager>   
        <telerik:RadDateTimePicker ID="dateTimePicker" runat="server"  >
        </telerik:RadDateTimePicker>
        <asp:Button runat = "server" ID= "btnOK" OnClick="btnOK_Click" Text = "OK" />
        <br /> Control value : <asp:Label runat="server" ID="lblDate" Text=""></asp:Label>
    </div>
    </form>
</body>
</html>

.cs code
using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;

namespace TelerikPlayGround
{
    public partial class RADDateTimePicker_Telerik_Post : System.Web.UI.Page
    {
        protected void Page_Load( object sender, EventArgs e )
        {
            if ( !Page.IsPostBack )
            {
                this.dateTimePicker.MinDate = DateTime.MinValue;
                this.dateTimePicker.MaxDate = DateTime.MaxValue;
            }
        }

protected void btnOK_Click( object sender, EventArgs e )
        {
            this.lblDate.Text = this.dateTimePicker.SelectedDate.ToString();
        }
    }
}

web.config file

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!--
  For more information on how to configure your ASP.NET application, please visit
  -->

<configuration>

<system.web>
    <compilation debug="true" targetFramework="4.0" />

<httpHandlers>
      <add verb="*" path="Telerik.RadUploadProgressHandler.ashx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.Upload.RadUploadProgressHandler, Telerik.Web.UI" />

<add path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler, Telerik.Web.UI" validate="false" />
      <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler, Telerik.Web.UI" validate="false" />

<add verb="*" path="ChartImage.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.ChartHttpHandler, Telerik.Web.UI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4" validate="false" />
      <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource, Telerik.Web.UI" validate="false" />

</httpHandlers>
  </system.web>

<system.webServer>
     <modules runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="true"/>
  </system.webServer>
</configuration>

Waiting for a quick reply.

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ira
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Jun 2011, 01:33 PM
Hi,

Any update on this?? I am waiting....!!!
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
answered on 13 Jun 2011, 09:43 AM
Hi Ira,

We are aware of the described behaviour and you are correct that a fix is available in later version of Telerik RadControls. Currently the only possible option for workaround this issue is to upgrade to newer version. Note that in the time this bug has been fixed there has been another fixes also so this one exact could not be individually extract and apply to your application. So I would suggest you to upgrade your application and verify of this works for you.

Regards,
Maria Ilieva
the Telerik team

Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.

Ira
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Jun 2011, 12:25 PM
Hi Maria,

As i mentioned in my earlier post, upgrading the dll version is not an option for us currently. So I would really appreciate if you can provide me some JS workaround. 
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
answered on 16 Jun 2011, 11:00 AM
Hi Ira,

Unfortunately js workaround is not possible for the version you are using. The problem is rather complex and the fix provided in newer version of the control includes some major modification of the control's code. Therefore the only possible solution is to upgrade your application.

Greetings,
Maria Ilieva
the Telerik team

Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.

Tags
Calendar
Asked by
Ira
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ira
Top achievements
Rank 1
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team