This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Selected Index changed not firing

3 Answers 193 Views
ComboBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Soumya Kommireddi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Soumya Kommireddi asked on 04 Jun 2012, 04:45 PM
I have a rad combo box and I have a selected RadComboBox Item that has a text  = abcform and Value = 100.

Now somewhere in my application I updated the entry to have a value of 101, but the text is still abcform.

When I come back to RadComboBox and search, the item is correctly populated(with value 101) but on selection of item , the selected index changed event is not firing and it is retaining the old value 100.

is this a bug in Radcombobox? Please suggest any solution to the problem.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ivana
Telerik team
answered on 05 Jun 2012, 02:27 PM
Hi Soumya,

Could you confirm that RadComboBox does not contain items with repeating values?
Could you paste here the markup of the control? Also, what is the version of RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX that you use in your application?

All the best,
Ivana
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Soumya Kommireddi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Jun 2012, 04:59 PM
The RadComboBox does not contain items with repeating values . The version is 2010.1.519.35.

Also, If I select a diiferent text in radcombobox , it fires the selected index changed. Only when I select the same text , it does not.

Ivana
Telerik team
answered on 08 Jun 2012, 07:10 AM
Hello Soumya,

The SelectedIndexChanged is not supposed to fire if, as the name of the event speaks of itself, the selected index is not changed. Could you please clarify which event, client or server, you have troubles with?
For more information on both, you could refer to the online documentation:
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/combobox-onclientselectedindexchanged.html;
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/combobox-server-side-selectedindexchanged.html.

If you continue to have troubles, I encourage you to open a support ticket on this matter where you can send us a sample project with this behavior replicated in it. This way we will be able to troubleshoot the issues locally and provide you with an accurate answer.

All the best,
Ivana
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
ComboBox
Asked by
Soumya Kommireddi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ivana
Telerik team
Soumya Kommireddi
Top achievements
Rank 1