This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Scheduler RowHeight Q1 2009

4 Answers 47 Views
Scheduler
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
David Penny
Top achievements
Rank 2
David Penny asked on 15 Mar 2009, 03:18 PM
Hi,

I have just put on Rad Controls Q1 2009 and throught I would try the RowHeight command again, as I need more timeslots being displayed than the default.  This seems to work OK, except for the first time.

I have tried RadScheduler1.RowHeight = 16 and also tried the same in the  markup with RowHeight="16".

This displays correctly on load, but on editing any time slot (I use a RadWIndow to open an edit or insert window) or dropping an event from a RadGrid, the FIRST TIME only the height reverts back to default.  If I refresh the screen it goes back to my 16 height and stays there until I close the app and re-open it again, where once more it reverts to default immediately after editing or adding an event, refresh fixes it and it stays again.

David Penny

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
answered on 16 Mar 2009, 01:58 PM
Hi David Penny,

Can you tell us on which event are you setting it? If you don't need to modify it, try to set it as a property directly in the aspx file. Or if you need to set it on event, try as early as possible, maybe on Page_Init.

Regards,
Kamen Bundev
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
David Penny
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 16 Mar 2009, 02:51 PM
Hi,

I have tried RowHeight="16"  in the aspx.  I have also tried adding this in Page.Init as RadScheduler1.RowHeight="16"

In both cases it displays the correct line height until I add, edit or drop the first event, when it reverts back to the default line height.  If I edit the event a second time then it sets itself back to the 16 height and stays there until I refresh the page again, or exit and run the application again.

My RadScheduler is sitting inside a RadSplitter with a vertical RadSplitbar separating my drag and drop list on the left and the Scheduler on the right.  The RadSCheduler also has an overall height set through code to fill the right hand area.

David Penny
Accepted
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
answered on 19 Mar 2009, 11:41 AM
Hello David,

I managed to reproduce this problem and it seems it is caused by the StylesheetManager skin combining feature. If you remove the StylesheetManager or disable its skin combining feature with  EnableStyleSheetCombine="false" it will work okay. The issue has been logged for fixing and I've updated your Telerik points for this find.

Let me know if this workaround works for you.

Best wishes,
Kamen Bundev
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
David Penny
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 19 Mar 2009, 02:20 PM
Kamen,

Thanks a lot for the response - yes, the EnableStyleSheetCombine="false" has fixed the issue.  I have only added it to the one page with the RadScheduler on and it's exactly as I want now, and I am able to specify RowHeight in code, which is what I needed to do.

Many thanks.

David Penny
Tags
Scheduler
Asked by
David Penny
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
David Penny