Scheduler javascript does not work correctly in week view mode

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Matthew
    Matthew avatar
    26 posts
    Member since:
    Dec 2007

    Posted 23 Jul 2013 Link to this post

    Hi there,

    I have a problem with the scheduler when running it in week mode.  When it is in week mode, selection of timeslots does not seem to work correctly.  Clicking on a slot does not highlight the slot, and trying to click and drag does not highlight the dragged section.  Subsequently, when trying to query the selected slots via the scheduler.get_selectedSlots() function, nothing is returned.

    To replicate the issue, please do the following:

    1) Go to
    2) Click on "Administrator View" in the left hand menu
    3) Click "View Calendar"
    4) Select any slot in the scheduler and note that the slot is selected correctly.  Then right click and select "Create booking" and note that you get taken to the create booking page correctly.
    5) Click close to get back to the calendar.
    6) Change the drop down above the calendar from "Day View" to "Week View"
    7) Try to click on any time slot and note that the selection does not happen.  And if you try and click and drag, the standard browser behaviour occurs (ie, it selects the actual HTML elements)

    If I run it locally, and then use Chrome's developer tools to find where any exceptions are thrown, I find that when loading the page there is  a DOMException thrown in this file:


    The details of the exception are "SyntaxError: DOM Exception 12" ,"Error: An invalid or illegal string was specified."  But of course, that file is minified, so I can't really delve any further into, nor do I know that is the issue or not, or if it is a red herring, as it seems to be thrown on the day view page as well.

    Can you offer any advice on how I might be able to track this issue down?

    Thanks for your help.

    Kind regards,

  2. Plamen
    Plamen avatar
    2818 posts

    Posted 26 Jul 2013 Link to this post


    The issue is quite unusual indeed- it may be caused by the custom javascript and CSS that you are using on the page so I will recommend you to try to remove them and test again. 

    I have tested the issue on-our on-line demos and is seems that the issue is not replicable any more so you can also test with the latest version of RadControls.

    If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Back to Top