This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Saving Grid state

2 Answers 210 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Simon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Simon asked on 30 Nov 2011, 12:57 AM

Hi,

I am doing a quick investigation regarding the saving of a controls state. Mainly a Grid control.

What i am after is information about a user changing the column order, sort order, hiding/showing columns, etc. And then having these changes saved somewhere (locally most likely) so when they return to the page, these changes persist.

This is in regards to the Grid control for ASPX, Silverlight and HTML5 (Kendo UI).

We currently are using the Silverlight controls, but are looking at also swapping to Telerik for our ASPX system and using Kendo UI when we start developing in HTML5.

Thanks for your help.

Simon Gould

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Marin
Telerik team
answered on 01 Dec 2011, 11:54 AM
Hi Simon,

You can have a look at this live demo. You will find there a custom GridSettingsPersister class. It can be used to serialize most of the grid's settings (columns state, paging, filtering, etc) in a preferred format: string, byte array, custom object. Then you can easily save them and load them back using the methods in the class. You can also extend it according to your needs. Further information on this feature can be found in this help topic.

All the best,
Marin
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
Thai
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Sep 2014, 08:08 PM
[quote]What i am after is information about a user changing the column order, sort order, hiding/showing columns, etc. And then having these changes saved somewhere (locally most likely) so when they return to the page, these changes persist.[/quote]

http://www.telerik.com/forums/radgrid-hide-column-swap-column-state-not-persist
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Simon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Marin
Telerik team
Thai
Top achievements