This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Responsive Menu

1 Answer 392 Views
Menu
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Brian
Top achievements
Rank 1
Brian asked on 04 Mar 2020, 04:45 AM

Using Bootstrap 4 and navbar class, built a nice little menu that goes across the top on wide screens, then collapses on small screen. But the real magic is that the menu automatically responds and goes vertical when on small screen.  The problem is it is not really themeable the way the Kendo widgets are (and something I really want)  

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get a menu to flip it's orientation from horizontal to vertical when the screen size shrinks.  I've tried a Responsive Panel, but can't find any events to trigger off of.  I've also tried a Drawer and Toolbar.  Both unsatisfactory.

Anyone else have a suggestion?  This seems like real core functionality for a Menu, but I'm completely stumped.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Martin
Telerik team
answered on 06 Mar 2020, 03:20 PM

Hello Brian,

You are right that the Menu does not provide built-in functionality to switch the orientation. However, by design the Menu is responsive and will shrink if the screensize is too small. 

If you wish to be able to switch the orientation, you can consider using the approach in our Orientation Demo as a possible workaround.

Let me know if that would be acceptable to you. Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Martin
Progress Telerik

Get quickly onboarded and successful with Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core with the dedicated Virtual Classroom technical training, available to all active customers.
Tags
Menu
Asked by
Brian
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Martin
Telerik team
Share this question
or