Resetting format with radwindow

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. Anders
    Anders avatar
    4 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2007

    Posted 28 Jul 2008 Link to this post


    I have a problem with my RadCalendar whenever I combine it with a RadWindowManager on the same site.

    I want to use RadWindow as a popup whenever I click a link.
    A codebehind example for this is:
    ScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript(this.update1, this.update1.GetType(), "showDialog", "window.radopen('" + url + "', 'RadWindow');", true);

    This works fine, but whenever I add the RadWindowManager to the site, my calendar resets the skin to another format (not just default, but a completely different one with red number and no format).

    What can cause this? It doesnt matter where or how I try to set the skin manually in the codebehind, it´s like the RadWindowManager overwrites the format of my RadCalendar somehow?

    Please feel free to write if you need more information.
  2. Sebastian
    Sebastian avatar
    9934 posts

    Posted 31 Jul 2008 Link to this post

    Hello Anders,

    I tried to recreate the issue locally but my attempts were not successful. To progress in our investigation, is it possible for you to isolate a small working version of your project, illustrating the abnormality, and send it enclosed to a regular support ticket? We will examine it locally and will get back to you with more info on the matter.

    Best regards,
    the Telerik team

    Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
  3. Anders
    Anders avatar
    4 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2007

    Posted 06 Aug 2008 Link to this post

    After alot of trial and error I found the problem and also the solution.

    The problem was not the site itself, but the fact I used a masterpage.

    So whenever I need to use radwindowmanager and for example RadCalendar on a site using a masterpage, you need to add RadWindowManager to the Masterpage, and not only the site itself.

    I am not really sure why, but placing a RadWindowManager on the Masterpage solved the format solution.

    So if you face the same problem as me using a MasterPage, try adding the RadWindowManager to the Masterpage.

Back to Top