This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Reportviewer in VS2013 SP2 IISExpress Ajax Not Showing

2 Answers 80 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jerry Jansen
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jerry Jansen asked on 11 Jun 2014, 03:35 PM
First I am using the Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms ver 8.0.14.507 with VS 2013 Professional SP2.

I am using the reportviewer on a web form running inside of telerik:RadAjaxPanel and I initially have the reportviewer visible set to false.

<telerik:ReportViewer ID="ReportViewer1" runat="server" 
            Visible="False" Width="100%" Height="600px" ViewMode="PrintPreview">
        </telerik:ReportViewer>

When I run my webform and select the date to show my report for then in code behind I then set the reportviewer visible to true, the reportviewer does not show up in VS 2013 SP2 using IIS Express.

ReportViewer1.ReportSource = reportSource
            ReportViewer1.Visible = True
            ReportViewer1.RefreshReport()

I can disable ajax in the RadAjaxPanel and then the reportviewer shows up correctly. I can also run the webform on the live server with ajax enabled and it again shows up correctly. I can also run the same webform in VS2010 with ajax enabled and it again shows up correctly.

So the problem is that with ajax enabled in VS 2013 SP2 the reportview is not showing up running in IIS Express. I have also tried Google Chrome, IE 9, Safari and the same across all browsers. I believe that it was working in VS2013  SP1. All other ajax pages work ok, just not the reportviewer.

Any ideas what I need to do to fix this? 

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 12 Jun 2014, 11:59 AM

Hello Jerry,

The issue is related to the Browser Link feature in Visual Studio 2013. For more details and solution check the following forum thread: WebResource.axd resources not loaded when the project is created in VS2013.

In addition, please keep in mind Visual Studio Express versions are not supported by Telerik Reporting.

Let us know if you need any further help.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Jerry Jansen
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Jun 2014, 01:07 PM
Thanks Stef, that fixed the problem.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Jerry Jansen
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by