Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
97 views
I have a report with one parameter, a dropdown list where the length exceeds the width of the report,  when the report is rendered, a scrollbar covers most of the dropdown list parameter.  I'm assuming this is because of some sort of style setting that handles the overflow.  Is there a way to change the displayed width of the dropdown so that this scrollbar does not appear?  As is, the report is virtually unusable.

Elian
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Feb 2012
3 answers
361 views

Hi team, well i have a problem with my report.

My report have 5 pages. I want show de header only in the first page and the footer only in the last page. This is easy i enable the property printOnFirst in the header and printOnLast in the Footer.
Now I want the blank space header and footer to shrink, to report data go well without those spaces, because my header is large

how i can do it ?
Casey
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Feb 2012
1 answer
107 views
Hi

Just a simple question shouldn't the Report header be on top then followed by Page header ..but now its page header then report header ..why is this ? . Any particular reason.

Regards
Saneesh-B
Saneesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Feb 2012
5 answers
771 views
Hi,

I have a problem with Telerik.Reporting. When I create a report containing a lot of markup (many panels, textboxes etc.) with designer file size of about 1,2MB I get StackOverflow exception calling report object constructor in InitializeComponent() method:

private void InitializeComponent()
        { //in this line a StackOverflow exception happens
            System.ComponentModel.ComponentResourceManager resources = new System.ComponentModel.ComponentResourceManager(typeof(MyOffer));
            Telerik.Reporting.TableGroup tableGroup7 = new Telerik.Reporting.TableGroup();
            Telerik.Reporting.TableGroup tableGroup8 = new Telerik.Reporting.TableGroup();
            Telerik.Reporting.TableGroup tableGroup9 = new Telerik.Reporting.TableGroup();
            Telerik.Reporting.TableGroup tableGroup1 = new Telerik.Reporting.TableGroup();
            Telerik.Reporting.TableGroup tableGroup2 = new Telerik.Reporting.TableGroup();
            Telerik.Reporting.TableGroup tableGroup3 = new Telerik.Reporting.TableGroup();
            Telerik.Reporting.TableGroup tableGroup4 = new Telerik.Reporting.TableGroup();
            Telerik.Reporting.TableGroup tableGroup5 = new Telerik.Reporting.TableGroup();
            Telerik.Reporting.TableGroup tableGroup6 = new Telerik.Reporting.TableGroup();

Exception message:
"An unhandled exception of type 'System.StackOverflowException' occurred in MyApplication.DLL"

What is interesting it takes place before executing method's first line of code - it breaks on bracket '{'. Described situation happens when I run my application on IIS 7, the exception causes my application proccess to break and I get server error page. When running on built-in Visual Studio 2010 development server everything seems fine. I noticed that when I decreased the report designer file size (removing some elements) down below 600KB the exception is gone and everything seems fine on IIS 7. It looks like 600KB is a boundary and larger designer files cause problem.
Thanks for any support.
Sridhar Bolisetti
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Feb 2012
3 answers
164 views
I cannot get the examples to install. I get errors with the AdventureWorks DB being created and then dropped.  I'm did an uninstall of the old version and re-install of the new one.

Also I changed the default folder to d:\xxx but when I try to do a repair / change it is getting stuck trying to look for files at c:\ ... specifically with the Report Designer.

thanks

jack
Hrisi
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Feb 2012
1 answer
170 views
Hi,

I've a question about the reportbuilder for endusers

Can i use te designerfeatures of the standalone version in VB.Net so an enduser can open or design reports and store them in xml / trdx format and how is this to be done. i've tried to open a report in trdx format but hasn't succeeded yet

Kind regards,
Guido
  
Hans
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Feb 2012
3 answers
260 views
I'm using Telerik Reporting 2010 Q3, with the Silverlight ReportViewer. 

I've created a static function for adding a column to a report table using this Sample Project as a starting point. Everything is working great except for export. If I generate a different report, and then generate one of the two reports with dynamic columns I get an ArgumentOutOfRangeException followed by a NullReferenceException when I export. If I re-Generate the report with the dynamic columns then the export works correctly.

Here is what's printed to the output window: 

*** ProcessReport #0 STARTED ***


*** Report Processing STARTED ***


*** Table::ProcessItem STARTED ***


*** TableBuilder::AddColumns STARTED ***
A first chance exception of type 'System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException' occurred in mscorlib.dll
*** TableBuilder::AddColumns DONE in 00:00:00.0248971 ***


*** Table::ProcessItem DONE in 00:00:00.0295418 ***


An exception has occurred while processing '' item:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Data.DataMember.<GetMembers>d__12.MoveNext()
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.TableBuilder.WalkHierarchy(Boolean isColumnGroup, IList`1 hierarchy, DataMember parentData, Single distance, AddBodyLineCallback addBodyLineCallback, AddPresentationCallback addPresentationCallback, Int32 startIndex, Boolean parentCollapse, Single& collapsePresentationCorrection, Single& mergePresentationCorrection, Int32& mergePresentation)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.TableBuilder.Fill(Table table)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Table.ProcessItem()
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportItemBase.Process(DataMember data)

Any ideas?

Hadib Ahmabi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Feb 2012
4 answers
758 views
Does the designer support connection to postgres SQL server? Couldn't figure out a way to construct a working connection string...
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Feb 2012
3 answers
693 views
Hi All,

I'm trying to build a report that accepts parameters during run time and the parameter is a String, i.e the user needs to select the Type of Transaction from a list of available types in the database and then I run a query to fetch all the records from the database which belong to the types of transactions selected by the user. When I enable MultiValue property in the Report Parameter Collection Editor I get the following error: "Object must implement IConvertible"
Please help, I need to fix this issue ASAP.
Thanks in advance!

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Feb 2012
1 answer
168 views
Hello - I've a report that uses Garamond in the Report Header.

When I view the report in the browser it has the right font and it preserves the font when I export it in any format but PDF.
When exported in PDF format, not only does it loose the font, it looses some of the Font formatting too, I've the Header underlined, however in PDF the complete header is not underlined.

I've attached a screenshot of this, the screen shows first the report header in the browser and then the report header when exported to PDF.

Please advise.

Thanks.
IvanY
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Feb 2012
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?