Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
122 views
Hi,

I have successfully added a class with all my reports to my current project. However I do have a screen where the user can select which reports he/she want to print in a reportbook and save it into a pdf, and mail it to the user.

Currently the routine is as follows:
Select Case ReportSelected
    Case 1
          reportBook.Reports.Add(New Report1())
    Case 2
          reportBook.Reports.Add(New Report2())
    Case ....
End Select

This goes up to 40 at this stage.

What I want to know is if it is possible to this data in a database table and put the system through a loop to retrieve the report name from the database and add it to the reportbook?

Something like this :
While dbReader.Read()
     reportBook.Reports.Add(New dbReader("ReportName"))
End While
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jul 2012
2 answers
347 views

Hi

 

I’m new the Telerik Reporting and I’m having an issue with the report viewer in my windows form project that I’m a bit stumped on.

When I run the form I need to hit the refresh button or the viewer is blank.

I followed this quick start guide…

http://www.telerik.com/help/reporting/quick-start-windows-viewer.html

… and as far as I’m aware I have not missed anything.

To me it seems like the RefreshReport method is not being called but I’m not sure.

I went through the motions for two separate projects and ran into the same problem.

I realize that this is not much to go on but I don’t know what else I can say.

Matthew
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Jul 2012
2 answers
183 views

1、Create Self-Host  Report  WcfService
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WCFService Library Application:WCF Service Library Project
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ReportLibrary.ReportService.cs

namespace ReportLibrary
{
    [System.Runtime.Serialization.KnownType(typeof(object[]))]
    public class ReportService : Telerik.Reporting.Service.ReportServiceBase
    {
        private static readonly Uri baseUri = new Uri("http://localhost:9009/Telerik/ReportService/");
        protected override Uri BaseAddress
        {
            get { return baseUri; }
        }
    }
}

app.config

<!-- Telerik.Reporting.Service.IReportService -->
    <service name="ReportLibrary.ReportService" behaviorConfiguration="serviceBehavior">
      <host>
        <baseAddresses>
          <add baseAddress="http://localhost:9002/Telerik/ReportService/"/>
        </baseAddresses>
      </host>
  
      <endpoint address=""
                binding="customBinding"  bindingConfiguration="WcfServiceCustomBinding0"
                contract="Telerik.Reporting.Service.IReportService">
        <identity>
          <dns value="localhost" />
        </identity>
      </endpoint>
  
      <endpoint address="ResourceService" 
                binding="webHttpBinding"
                behaviorConfiguration="WebBehavior"
                contract="Telerik.Reporting.Service.IResourceService"/>
  
        <endpoint address="ClientAccessPolicy" 
                  binding="webHttpBinding"  behaviorConfiguration="WebBehavior"
                  contract="Telerik.Reporting.Service.IClientAccessPolicy"/>
  
      <endpoint address="mex" binding="mexHttpBinding" contract="IMetadataExchange" />
      </service>

Build Success And Output:
ReportLibrary\bin\Debug\ReportLibrary.dll
ReportLibrary\bin\Debug\Telerik.Reporting.Service.dll

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WcfHost Console Application:WCF Self-Host Console Project
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WcfHost.Program.cs

namespace WcfHost
{
    public class Program
    {
        public static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            ServiceHost hostA = null;
            ServiceHost hostDomain = null;
            try
            {
                hostA = new ServiceHost(typeof(ReportLibrary.ReportService));
                hostDomain = new ServiceHost(typeof(DomainService));
  
                hostA.Open();hostDomain.Open();
  
                Console.WriteLine("Report Services is starting...");
                Console.WriteLine("CrossDomain Service is starting...");
  
                Console.WriteLine();
                Console.WriteLine("Press <ENTER> to terminate host");
                Console.ReadLine();
  
                hostA.Close();
                hostDomain.Close();
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                Console.WriteLine(ex.Message);
                Console.ReadLine();
            }
            finally
            {
                hostA.Close();
            }
        }
    }
}

app.config

<service behaviorConfiguration="serviceBehavior" name="ReportLibrary.ReportService">
        <host>
          <baseAddresses>
            <add baseAddress="http://localhost:9002/Telerik/ReportService/" />
          </baseAddresses>
        </host>
          
        <endpoint address="" binding="customBinding" bindingConfiguration="WcfServiceCustomBinding0"
          contract="Telerik.Reporting.Service.IReportService">
          <identity>
            <dns value="localhost" />
          </identity>
        </endpoint>
          
        <endpoint address="ResourceService"
                binding="webHttpBinding"  
                behaviorConfiguration="WebBehavior" 
                contract="Telerik.Reporting.Service.IResourceService"/>
  
        <endpoint address="ClientAccessPolicy"
                  binding="webHttpBinding" behaviorConfiguration="WebBehavior"
                  contract="Telerik.Reporting.Service.IClientAccessPolicy"/>
          
        <endpoint address="mex" binding="mexHttpBinding" contract="IMetadataExchange" />
          
      </service>

Build Success And Output:
WcfHost\bin\Debug\ReportLibrary.dll
WcfHost\bin\Debug\Telerik.Reporting.Service.dll
WcfHost\bin\Debug\WcfHost.exe

Run WcfHost.exe Carrying ReportLibrary.ReportService Wcf Service;
service endpoint Address = "http://localhost:9002/Telerik/ReportService/"; by normal browser access wcf service

2、Create Wcf Client

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ReportSLApp Silverlight Application:Wcf Silverlight Client Project

Add Reference:Reporting Q1 2011\bin\Telerik.ReportViewer.Silverlight.dll;
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ServiceReferences.ClientConfig

<endpoint address="http://localhost:9002/Telerik/ReportService/"
                binding="customBinding" bindingConfiguration="CustomBinding_IReportService"
                contract="ReportServiceRef1.IReportService" name="CustomBinding_IReportService" />

ReportSLApp.MainPage.xaml.cs

private void UserControl_Loaded(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
{
    ServiceClient = new ReportServiceRef1.ReportServiceClient("CustomBinding_IReportService");
            ServiceClient.ListAvailableReportsCompleted += new 
  
EventHandler<ReportServiceRef1.ListAvailableReportsCompletedEventArgs>(ServiceClient_ListAvailableReportsCompleted);
            ServiceClient.ListAvailableReportsAsync();
  
            this.rptViewer1.ReportServiceUri = ServiceClient.Endpoint.Address.Uri;
}
private void ServiceClient_ListAvailableReportsCompleted(object sender,
ReportServiceRef1.ListAvailableReportsCompletedEventArgs e)
        {
              
                if (e.Error == null)
                {
                    MyReports = e.Result;
                      
                    this.rptViewer1.Report = MyReports[0].FullName;
                }
              
        }

Build Success And Browse Silverlight HostPage:

ReportSLAppTestPage.aspx error occurred operating results; Silverlight ReportViewer InnerException

I urgently need help, wait ...

Lategan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Jul 2012
2 answers
150 views
I am a new user of the Telerik Reporting components, so please bear with me. I have successfully created a self hosted WCF reporting service (derived from ReportServiceBase), created a report and added the ReportViewer to a Silverlight 4 application. The calls from the client to the server have been successful as well. The problem is when the ReportViewer goes to display the first page, the status message "Loading Page..." never goes away! I used Fiddler to determine that the GetPage call is returning with data, but the viewer never displays the result.

What am I doing wrong?

Mike Underhill
Lategan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Jul 2012
1 answer
128 views
I have read through the doco on using OpenAccessDataSource with reporting. My preview of my report is working fine, so its getting data from the model OK. Though the doco is very short on how to initialise the report with the ORM objects/apply filtering.

To me the examples in the help seem very contrived as they show the OADS controls as being external to the report, when in fact they are a member inside the report, meaning the cannot be initalised externaly as shown in the examples.

In my case, I have two OADS objects in my report, one for the order, one for the orderItems.

How should I set parameters so that the OADS control gets the correct data for the report.
In my case, I just want to set massOrderId externally.

Hopefully I'm missing something very basic.

Thanks,

Pat.
Patrick Saunders
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Jul 2012
0 answers
71 views
Hi,

I need to show summary information in tabular form in Report Header. I get the summary info from database query.
What is the best way of accomplishing this task? Do i need to use a Table control?

Thanks.
Srinath.
Srinath
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 10 Jul 2012
1 answer
69 views
Hi,

I need to use the list in a way it may have not been designed for. I thought I will ask this question to see if this is possible. If not, I will look into other avenues.

I need to display of List of items(say pictureboxes) but want them all the in the same row. Each of those picturebox's Left property would be set in a such a way that they don't overlap each other.  I have tried setting Top properties of the picturebox, the panel that gets added by default to the list with no luck. 

Telerik gurus, look forward to your advise!

Thanks in advance
Neelima
Elian
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Jul 2012
1 answer
134 views
When i try to access Report Explorer from Telerik Reporting Menu, The elements are not shown.
I just get a blank window. Is this to do with some settings?

Thanks.
Srinath.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Jul 2012
8 answers
813 views
Hi;

I'm new to Telerik reporting and would like to ask a question. I have a report that will paginate horizontally. To clarify - there will be more columns that can fit on a single page. This report will also contain 2 columns that are required to display on each page. So - the report will have the following - 2 columns (displayed on the left side) - that will show on every page. 1 or more columns that will be displayed to the right of the first 2 columns - and these columns may require horizontal pagination.

What I would like to know is how to configure a Telerik Report to operate like this. I was thinking using multiple groups - but I've found that groups will be displayed sequentially on the report - and I do not know how to get groups to to disaply beside each other. I looked at the table item and it looks like it is suppose to handle horizontal paging - but I need some way to set the table to repeat columns on a page. Or find another way to do this part.
Peter
Peter
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Jul 2012
6 answers
1.4K+ views
Am designing a report for a web application and there is a need to center (horizontally) the web report viewer. I have tried all I can but it refuses to center align. Please, any ideas how to get this done?
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Jul 2012
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?