Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
288 views
Hi,

We are using Telerik WebForms Reports, version 6.1.12.621.  The problem we are having is that when our reports are printed, or generated to an XPS file, the generated reports do not contain any checkboxes or vertical lines.  They do show, however, in the report viewer control in the browser.  I have included screen captures showing the checkboxes and lines appearing in the designer and when displayed in the report viewer, and also a screen capture illustrating them missing when the report is printed or generated to an xps file.  Horizontal lines, borders, etc seem to print fine.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin
IvanY
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jul 2012
12 answers
1.0K+ views
Hi,

I am using Telerik Reporting Q1 2008. Dll version - 2.5.8.414

There are many pages in the report.

The first page page number is displaying - Page 1 of 0.

From the second page onwards, the display is correct. i.e Page 2 of 24, Page 3 of 24 and so on.

= PageNumber + ' of ' + PageCount is what I am using as footer text.

How to rectify Page 1 of 0 error.

Thanks.
Saranya
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jul 2012
8 answers
275 views
Hello and thanks in advance,

I'm not exactly sure what to call what I am trying to acheive so I will provide a visible representation. I have a list with multiple items I need to display and I would like to know how to acheive the following format.

Business Object contents = (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13)

Output format:

1                9
2                10  
3                11
4                12
5                13
6
7
8
Hrisi
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jul 2012
1 answer
268 views
Is it possible to place a text box in a group footer and then count the number of times the text box is generated? I am trying to count the number of groups that occur. When I use the Aggregate function Count() on the Field that is grouped I get a count of the individual line items, not the group itself. Any thoughts?
Hadib Ahmabi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Jul 2012
1 answer
122 views
I have a couple of users that use iphone devices (I just wish they'd use a respectable manufacturer) and on them any reports generated from the system and saved as pdf have their text missing.  All other formatting such as header backgrounds etc is present. If I include graphics in them it's all present.

To debug I generated a report from VS designer and saved as PDF, that one works on their phones.  So if a report is generated via a reportbook on the website, it fails, from VS all OK.

Looking at the file I can see that in the VS one I have the font embedded as Tahoma,  in the file generated via a reportbook there is no embedded font.

I'm guessing that in their usual arrogance apple left off the tahoma font (sorry can't help bashing apple!).  

So to fix, is there something that I need to do in the reportbook to force the font embedding?

Regards,

Jon
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Jul 2012
1 answer
469 views
I upgraded to reporting version 6.1.12.611  from 5.3.11.1124, everything works well in development... when deployed to WIN 7 & IIS7 PC
report look like (see attached)...it did work ok on previous version.... All dll's in bin file are correct and web config has been updated with new version.
Web itself seems to work ok.......... version is 2012.2.607.40...

More info... I get a ToolBarImageButton is undefined
Any ideas on this... thanks
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jul 2012
1 answer
119 views

Hi,
   
    I am working on Telerik Reporting, i have created the report using CrossTab control. I am showing the report in report viewer. I am using Reporting Q2 2011 version is 5.1.11.928. I have created the report using crosstab wizard and need chart for that report so i have used rad chart for that report. In report i am displaying the values in current format like that i need to display the point labels in currency format. Please refer the attachment. Please help me and let me know any other solution to achieve this problem. 



Thanks,
Nisha
Nisha
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Jul 2012
2 answers
118 views
Hi,

    I am working on Telerik Reporting, i have created the report using CrossTab control. I am showing the report in report viewer. I am using Reporting Q2 2011 version is 5.1.11.928. I have created the report using crosstab wizard and need chart for that report so i have used rad chart for that report. While using the stacked bar chart type the point labels not displaying properly. I need to display the point labels inside the column not outside of stacked columns. Please refer the attachment. Please help me and let me know any other solution to achieve this problem.



Thanks,
Nisha
Nisha
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Jul 2012
1 answer
257 views
Hi

I want to use FilterOperator.TopN.
Datas come from a dataSet. The filtered column type is Int32
I have this error:   "value of top/bootom filter should evaluate to Integer"
Filter filter1 = new Filter();
filter1.Expression = "=Fields.DAYNUMBER";
filter1.Operator = FilterOperator.TopN;
filter1.Value = "1";
 
this.table2.RowGroups[0].ChildGroups[1].Filters.Add(filter1);
Forest
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Jul 2012
0 answers
514 views
I could not find an answer to this so opened a ticket and got a quick response, which I though I would post here for others...perhaps I am kind of dense, but the breaking changes in the new release confused the heck out of me...

Hi - I just updated to 6.1.12.611 reports release and all my reports broke. I cannot figure out how to change the following code in my report viewer in my web application to work with new release. There are no VB examples that I can find.
I want to simply change the datasource property of the report at runtime. I have a custom class in my web application that provides a datatable just by passing the sql. I could then set the newly created table as the datasource at runtime. 
This used to work:
Dim report1 As New myReports.ProjectList
Dim tbl As DataTable =  db.ExecuteDataTable("SELECT * FROM mydata WHERE ProgramID = " & nProgramID)
report1.DataSource = tbl
ReportViewer1.Report = report1

I am lost -- 
I got this far but cannot find a datasource property to set anywhere....:
Dim report1 As New Telerik.Reporting.InstanceReportSource
report1.ReportDocument = New myReports.ProjectList 
ReportViewer1.ReportSource = report1

Please help.
Thanks
Ford 

----------------------------------- Answer      -----
Hello Ford,

The Report Sources are not report documents, they are the connection between multiple report documents or report documents and viewers, so I guess naming your InstanceReportSource with report1 is where the confusion comes from.

Dim report1 As New myReports.ProjectList
Dim tbl As DataTable =  db.ExecuteDataTable("SELECT * FROM mydata WHERE ProgramID = " & nProgramID)
report1.DataSource = tbl
ReportViewer1.Report = report1

should be:

Dim report1 As New myReports.ProjectList
Dim tbl As DataTable =  db.ExecuteDataTable("SELECT * FROM mydata WHERE ProgramID = " & nProgramID)
report1.DataSource = tbl
Dim instanceReportSource As New Telerik.Reporting.InstanceReportSource()
instanceReportSource.ReportDocument = report1
ReportViewer1.ReportSource = instanceReportSource


Kind regards,
Steve 
the Telerik team 
Maas Prog
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 11 Jul 2012
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?